How to replace all images of a product in bulk with CSV

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I've used the bulk product upload with a CSV using one Image Src (a temporary image) -- this worked well.

Then I would like to replace this picture later on by uploading a second CSV with multiple images per product and checking the "Overwrite any current products that have the same handle" box.

My second CSV has only three columns (the rest of the product content isn't changing): 
- Handle (same as in the first file)
- Title (which is required - same as in the first file)
- Image Src (from a public https address)

My second CSV looks like this:
Handle A, Title A, Src 1
Handle A, Title A, Src 2
Handle A, Title A, Src ...
Handle B, Title B, Src 1
Handle B, Title B, Src 2
Handle B, Title B, Src ...

I get no error message but the images don't show up on my products.

Help please!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Me again. You can delete this thread. I found what was wrong in my second file and now it works fine. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 353

@Matthieu_ could you elaborate on the problem and the solution you found for future merchants, thanks.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

The solution actually works as described. One of my column name in the second CSV had a typo.

For cases where you have many images per product (I have 39 to enable 360 view + still images), I think it's easier and cleaner to do it this way.
One CSV with the main product information and then a second CSV with only 3 columns (Handle, Title and Image Srcs) that "Overwrites any current products".
I actually think @Shopify should think about creating a separate CSV batch process to handle images... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 353

While a future built in method would be nice there are app solutions available today such as excelify

https://excelify.io/tutorials/import-several-product-images-from-one-row/

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes