How to set X -amount of products to sell in a month?

Solved
Kjankko
Pathfinder
149 3 18

Hi,

I have products and I want to sell them for only 5 pieces/month at a discount. How can I set Shopify to only sell 5pcs of products/month AND continue to sell them in the next month again?

For example:

1. I have products in a sale which I want to sell only 5pcs in January

2. When those 5pcs are sold in January they aren't available for the rest of the January

3. Again in February there are again 5pcs available 

I have lots of products so I cannot do that manually - Is there some way to solve this problem?

0 Likes
gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
710 48 175

There may be an automation app in the App Store than can automate this for you.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1305 118 339

I have a couple ideas:

A) Bulk edit all these products (with a csv import) to set inventory to 5, then reset inventory at the end / start of the month. So you could select all the products that will have this (maybe filter by tag), then export, then edit inventory and import back in.

B) Solution A is the low cost, semi automated way to do it. You could also build a custom app with a database that keeps track of orders per month of all tracked products, then if the product has hit it's 5 limit it can switch the add to cart button to sold out / message to come back next month.

C) If you don't want to have inventory changed, then Solution B is the move. If you're cool with having inventory set to 5, then you can automate Solution A with Solution C. Solution C we could set up an app on a server that runs at 00:00 the first day of each month and looks for all products of a certain type or with tag, then resets those products inventory to 5. C would be lower cost to build and better performance on the site because the inventory is set at start of the month, and the second inventory gets to zero the page will show "sold out".

If you don't have a developer on your team and want one of these apps feel free to contact my team at speedboostr.com/contact and reference this post. We build custom solutions like this for Shopify clients all the time... we like to save you time

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Kjankko
Pathfinder
149 3 18

Hi, @gina-gregory 

Do you know some Apps which should be tested?

0 Likes
gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
710 48 175

This is an accepted solution.

Any of these should work. You provide a CSV of your products with the inventory set to 5, and schedule it to import every month.

https://apps.shopify.com/stock-sync

https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import

https://apps.shopify.com/ez-importer