How to stop "Order Confirmation" e-mails

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

This question has been asked several times already on the Forum, but I have not yet found a good answer to my problem.

I recently bought the app "Simplio - Simple Invoice", because those kind of e-mails (and you can add attachments to them as well) are all I need. Not to mention that Simplio is easier to use regarding writing text without having to write half of the stuff in code. Not to mention that Simplio is much clearer in use and reading for the customer (my opinion, sorry), than the "Order Confirmation" build in Shopify.

But, of course, the build in "Order Confirmation" e-mail is fired as well when someone places an order. So 2 e-mails, and I think this looks sloppy. Not just for the customer, but for the super admin (me) as well. A Simplio confirmation e-mail and a Shopify Confirmation e-mail. Totally unnecessary and very confusing.

I have been trying to find a solution to switch off the Shopify Confirmation e-mail (for customers of course), but I have not been successful yet. Not even in the coding part of the template "Debut".

My Shopify Plan is the Basic Shopify paid per year. We are only a Charity, so we can't spend too much money on Expert help.

Can someone help me with this, please? 

I thank you in advance for your kind help.

Kindest regards,

Wendy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 17 57

Hey, @wendij22!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I appreciate you sharing your question with our network, and I'd be glad to help you out.

At this time, it's not possible to "turn off" order confirmation notifications. You must be wondering why and if there is any workaround for this, so let's unpack this a little further.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes