How to sync stock between individual products and bundle

Kjankko-US
Shopify Partner
236 4 41

Hi,

I have a store that has 3 different (individual) products AND 1 bundle (product) - which contains all the 3 products.

Let's say I have 3 individual products:

- Dog toy (100 in stock)
- Cat toy (100 in stock)
- Lizard toy (100 in stock)

AND the bundle "Toys for all of your pets"

- That bundle contains one of each individual products (dog, cat and lizard toys) -> (100 in stock)

My question: If someone buys one Dog toy (stock 100->99). How can I make the stock also change from the bundle -> if I sell one Dog toy (individual) I also have one bundle less to sell (bundle stock 100->99). Are there any good apps to make the stock "synchronize" between products and bundles?

BR, 

-KJ

Replies 7 (7)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

You basically need an inventory management solution. We have our own bundling app that lets you setup the products as you mentioned. We then run a continuous recalculation process to update all products based on sales of every product and bundle component. We also update the order lines of sales of bundled products so when you go to fulfil you see each actual product on order lines.

If you would like to discuss or demo it please get in touch at tom@channelup.io

Regards

Tom

Kjankko-US
Shopify Partner
236 4 41

Hi Tom,

Can you tell me a little bit more about your solution?

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

It is quite easy to use as you simply connect your store and sync your products. Then for the ones that you currently have set up as bundles you add the components they contain so inventory will be recalculated correctly. Right now our app is free to use so if you would like to test it out and see if it fits your needs just let know or sign up at channelup.io and my team will help you get everything set up and working - no cost to you.

Regards

Tom

Kjankko-US
Shopify Partner
236 4 41

Hi,

I set up Bundles -App and it works great for this situation. Thanks to everyone!

FastBundleApp
Excursionist
45 1 4

Hello Kjankko

Most bundling apps are synced with the inventory and you don't have to worry about this issue.

Try Fast Bundle. We ensure that you won't face any problems in your inventory. And don't worry if any of the products in the bundle get sold out. We will not show that bundle until you get that item back in stock.

https://apps.shopify.com/fast-bundle-product-bundles?surface_detail=bundle&surface_inter_position=1&...

You can count on our agile support and customizations on this subject.

With Regards

The Fast Bundle Team

Kjankko-US
Shopify Partner
236 4 41

Hi,

I haven't done bundles with any bundle apps. I created "products" which contain those products and that's why I got this challenge.

Do you know other solutions for me?

adam_bn
Shopify Partner
79 4 16

Hi -

Stocklink works really well for this problem. You can link products together so when a certain product is sold, stock is automatically updated for other products.

It works for order edits and refunds as well. Here's the link: https://apps.shopify.com/stocklink