Howto edit the email notification sent when part of an order is fulfilled?

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hiya,

I've customised the email notification that is sent to the customer when an order is fulfilled. It contains information that the customer must receive.

However, due to using the Infinite Product Options add-on, our orders are split into 2 parts - the main products ordered, and the add-on customised. This means that when we fulfil an order, it's essentially fulfilling the 2 parts separately, and for either one, it's sending an email stating that 'one item in your order is on the way'.

This would be fine if I could edit that email as I'd only fulfil the one item in each order, but there doesn't appear to be an editable template for the part fulfilment email? Anyone know if it's possible to edit this?

Thanks,

Calan

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @calan !

To do this, you need to go into your Shopify admin:

1. Go to Settings

2. Choose 'Notifications'

3. Click the blue 'Order Confirmation' hyperlink and the template editor should pop up

You can then use this email variable reference doc to help you with editing the template.

For example, for now the the person's shipping name and billing name show up as both the first name and the last name like this: {{ shipping_address.name }}. To have just the first name be displayed, you use this: {{ shipping_address.first_name }}. The same goes for the billing address, it'll be displayed as {{ billing_address.name }} but you would just change it to {{ billing_address.first_name }} to have it as you'd like.

Then to have the P.O. #, you would just add P.O. # {{ shipping_address.last_name }} or P.O. # {{ billing_address.last_name }}.

- [Tutorial] How to customize Shopify product page: academy.pagefly.io/customize-shopify-product-pages
- Are you having problems customizing your Shopify pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Richard,

Appreciate the feedback. That's not what I mean though. The specific email being sent to the customer is a 'partial fulfilment' email, and that email isn't available in the list of notifications, or not that I can see anyway - perhaps different for Plus customers.

I can edit the standard fulfilment notification but this is not what Shopify is sending for partial fulfilment.

0 Likes