I added custom fields to a product page and the image thumbnails went away.

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 2 2

Hello everyone,

So after adding fields to one of my product pages, according to the instructions provided by Shopify (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...) the image thumbnails went away for this particular product. Now it displays several large, main-size images one below the other and makes the page longer. How do I make the thumbnails appear again? No code was removed, just added, and precisely according to the instructions. It still looks good and works as usual when optimized for mobile, but you'll see what I mean on desktops or tablets.

www.bathbomboutlet.com/products/gift-card

See any other product to see how the thumbnails typically display.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1866 181 748

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Michelle,

I am not sure what theme you are using - doesn't look like a free theme from Shopify so I'll just guess why you're seeing this issue after adding the custom form fields.

By adding an alternate product template, the settings for that instance of product template are different i.e. default. So while the other product pages are using the default product template and you may have configured it so that it shows product thumbnails (you do that in the theme editor when you navigate to Online Store > Themes then Customize). You would need to configure your alternate product template for the gift cards product so that it also is set to show thumbnails.

Hope this helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 2 2

Well now I feel silly LOL, worked like a charm! Thanks a bunch!

By the way, it is a free theme (Brooklyn) ... I just like to tinker with the code and make it more original ;)

@KarlOffenberger wrote:

Hello Michelle,

I am not sure what theme you are using - doesn't look like a free theme from Shopify so I'll just guess why you're seeing this issue after adding the custom form fields.

By adding an alternate product template, the settings for that instance of product template are different i.e. default. So while the other product pages are using the default product template and you may have configured it so that it shows product thumbnails (you do that in the theme editor when you navigate to Online Store > Themes then Customize). You would need to configure your alternate product template for the gift cards product so that it also is set to show thumbnails.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1866 181 748

I understand that, but you did create a new template for your gift card product. With that you created a new section and thus the section settings are reset to default.

Go to Online Store > Themes then click Customize. Now navigate to your gift card product page. Once on that page, you will need to click the Product pages item that's in the left sidebar panel. Now you will find an option called Image display - make sure that is set to Thumbnails instead of Stacked.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1866 181 748

Haha, I see you already did that. Sorry, should have checked your site first.

All good, glad you figured it out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Michelle, Karl,

I have a related question. I was able to successfully add the product notes per the instructions shared by Michelle (here) and you can see it on one of my products here

I performed a test order using the "test mode" of shopify payments, which went through successfully, but i wasn't able to see the custom notes i added to the product. Where would this information be stored? I followed the instructions to modify the code to show customizations in the cart, as well as show them in the notification email, but no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Amy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5

@KarlOffenberger 

Hey I am also follow this codes for custom fields on product page but the options which i have selected on product page they are not showing on the cart page can you please tell me what is the problem that they are not showing

I am using turbo 5.0 theme

0 Likes