I am from India and I Can't Receive customer payments through shopify Using Paypal

Anerudh
2 0 0

This is the mail I sent to Paypal support  with images

1.png2.png5.png3.png4.png

6.png

[[The problem is encountered after you click the "continue to payment" button as depicted in the image you have sent.I am attaching the images of what happens after you click the "continue to payment" button.

Image 1 shows the exact thing that you have sent me.
Image 2- After you press the "complete the payment" button it takes you to the page that I have attached as image 2.
After you click on complete order as shown in image 2, then it takes you to the page that I have attached as image 3 where It tells you to Login through Paypal or "Pay using debit or credit card".
After you click on that It redirects you to the page where you have to enter your card details and asks you whether you want to create a paypal account or not as shown in the attached image 4.
After you click "No I don't want an account" and press continue on page 5, the processing image is shown as attached in image 5.
After this it shows the error message that I have attached as image 6.]]

This is the Reply from Paypal team

Hello Anerudh,

Thank you for responding back with those details.

In reviewing the API logs for the most recent test attempt that you made, I am seeing that Shopify sent a SetExpressCheckout API call to PayPal, but they did not send a DoExpressCheckout API call to PayPal. This indicates that, for some reason in some cases, when clicking the "Complete Order" button at your website (after the payer is sent back to your website from PayPal) that Shopify is not sending DoExpressCheckout API call as it would need to be.

I then proceeded to test the checkout flow at anecloset.com again by using a PayPal "guest checkout" experience (where the payer does not log in with a PayPal account, but rather uses their own payment card directly) like you did for your example, using a test card with insufficient funds, and I saw the DoExpressCheckout call was sent from Shopify from my test.

For your reference, I am including the full API logs below my signature. Please note that the Shopify website displayed a "Your payment can't be processed for technical reasons. Try again or use a different payment method" error during my test (also shown below my signtaure)

You will need to contact Shopify to determine why they are not sending the DoExpressCheckout API call to PayPal during your tests. Also please keep in mind that it is not possible to test this process using a payment card with a name associated with your PayPal account (it isn't possible to "pay yourself".)

Timestamp    Sep 9, 2020 08:39:04 PDT (1599665944)

SetExpressCheckout Request    

returnurl    "https://anecloset.com/45303660708/checkouts/5d05629ab2bf3a33c657cca6573fedf7?key=3621ecbd7cc6e5f8fe5..."
cancelurl    "https://anecloset.com/45303660708/checkouts/5d05629ab2bf3a33c657cca6573fedf7?key=3621ecbd7cc6e5f8fe5..."
localecode    "en_IN"
channeltype    "Merchant"
solutiontype    "Sole"
landingpage    "None"
totaltype    "Total"
method    "SetExpressCheckout"
version    "124"
paymentrequest_0_currencycode    "USD"
paymentrequest_0_amt    "18.99"
paymentrequest_0_itemamt    "18.99"
paymentrequest_0_invnum    "#14864447570084"
paymentrequest_0_buttonsource    "JadedPixel_ShoppingCart_EC_CA"
paymentrequest_0_paymentaction    "Sale"
paymentrequest_0_name    "Lava Stone Beads bracelet for Men - tiger eye / 17cm"
paymentrequest_0_qty    "1"
paymentrequest_0_itemurl    "https://anecloset.com/products/lava-stone-beads-bracelet-for-men"

SetExpressCheckout Response    

token    "EC-7N331071399075828"
timestamp    "2020-09-09T15:39:04Z"
correlationid    "b6954c1a5e3c9"
ack    "Success"
version    "124"
build    "54871143"

Timestamp    Sep 9, 2020 08:45:18 PDT (1599666318)

DoExpressCheckoutPayment Request    

payerid    "J4LPVLGQZ9BBS"
method    "DoExpressCheckoutPayment"
version    "124"
buttonsource    "JadedPixel_ShoppingCart_EC_CA"
paymentrequest_0_currencycode    "USD"
paymentrequest_0_amt    "18.99"
paymentrequest_0_itemamt    "18.99"
paymentrequest_0_shippingamt    "0.00"
paymentrequest_0_handlingamt    "0.00"
paymentrequest_0_taxamt    "0.00"
paymentrequest_0_custom    "Shopify"
paymentrequest_0_invnum    "c14864447570084.1"
paymentrequest_0_buttonsource    "JadedPixel_ShoppingCart_EC_CA"
paymentrequest_0_notifyurl    "https://checkout.shopify.com/services/ping/paypal_ipn/45303660708"
paymentrequest_0_paymentaction    "Sale"
paymentrequest_0_shiptoname    "PayPal Test"
paymentrequest_0_shiptostreet    "155 Brighton Rd"
paymentrequest_0_shiptostreet2    ""
paymentrequest_0_shiptocity    "Pacifica"
paymentrequest_0_shiptostate    "CA"
paymentrequest_0_shiptozip    "94044"
paymentrequest_0_shiptocountrycode    "US"
paymentrequest_0_branchlevel    0
paymentrequest_0_name    "Lava Stone Beads bracelet for Men - tiger eye / 17cm"
paymentrequest_0_qty    "1"
paymentrequest_0_itemurl    "https://anecloset.com/products/lava-stone-beads-bracelet-for-men"

DoExpressCheckoutPayment Response

successpageredirectrequested    "false"
timestamp    "2020-09-09T15:45:18Z"
correlationid    "c754fbe23c0b7"
ack    "Failure"
version    "124"
build    "54871143"
errorcode    13113
shortmessage    "Buyer Cannot Pay."
longmessage    "The Buyer cannot pay with PayPal for this Transaction."
severitycode    "Error"

Can someone please explain what is wrong exactly.

anecloset.com is my store

Will this problem Persist for all regions or this is only Limited to Indian people using paypal's payment gateway for paying.

I have made this store to sell products outside India mostly in USA but because I live in India, I made a test transaction to check everything was fine or not. But the transaction did not go through and I have uploaded the image of the error above  

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @Anerudh,

Hyde here from Shopify.

When you set up your Shopify store, Shopify creates a PayPal Express Checkout account for the email address you used to set up your store. There's more on setting up your Paypal in this help document, but this is the most important starting point for you:

20-09-oi5fm-wx850

Do you have a business account for Paypal? If you don't have a PayPal business account with the email address you used to set up your store, then you can add your email address to an existing PayPal account or sign up for a new PayPal business account with the same email address you used to set up your store.

It's hard to diagnose the issue properly without looking at your store, but I'd recommend that you follow the help document listed above to make sure everything is set up correctly.

If you have any other questions, please do let me know.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Anerudh
2 0 0

I have  a paypal business account and I have used the same email ID to setup the shopify account

0 Likes