I am having issues adding new product categories under my shop menu drop down

happybeingwell
1 0 0

I would love and greatly appreciate someone to help me. I have gone into my admin panel. I already have main product categories and sub-product categories set up and it shows on my website. Now, I am trying to add sub-product categories to the main product categories. I went to 1. online store 2.naviagtion  then clicked on SHOP (as that is my menu dropdown title) I clicked on the arrow beside my main product category- Personal care-- then click on add menu title to Personal Care. I added deodorant and toothpaste - I linked it to the collection page for deodorant and toothpaste. So it shows I added these sub-product categories on my admin panel... but it doesn't show on my website?  Yes - I clicked save menu item.  

Someone, please help me. Thank you 

0 Likes
ThemuMitch
Explorer
45 11 11

@happybeingwell,

If I've understood this correctly, I believe the problem is that while your SHOP menu is set up correctly, your theme is still displaying the default Main menu. Below I've listed some steps you can follow to fix this (they assume you are using the Debut theme on desktop – exact steps may differ depending on the theme you're using).

1. Navigate to the theme customizer. If you haven't done this before, instructions can be found here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings.
  2. With the Sections tab highlighted in the left menu, click on Header (this may be named differently depending on your theme).
  3. In the panel that appears, find the setting called Menu (this may be named differently depending on your theme).
  4. Change the menu to your desired menu.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 13.15.39.png

I hope this helps.

Was your problem solved? Please mark this post as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes