I just paid for shopify. But my website has a problem. What should i do

Untitled-1.jpg 

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

Hi, @timzatoone.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I took a look at who.is to find out when the domain was originally registered. It seems it was registered in December 2019 and updated recently in December 2020, though your screenshot indicates that the domain is still expired. If you had tried to renew it, the renewal may have been unsuccessful for some reason, so I'm happy to investigate further to find out what happened.

In order for a domain to be connected to your Shopify store, there are two records in the DNS settings that need to point to Shopify. The first is the A record, which should be 23.227.38.65. The second is the CNAME record, which should be shops.myshopify.com. According to whatsmydns.nettimzatoone.com currently has different DNS settings that do not point to Shopify.

Can you please confirm whether you bought this domain from Shopify through your admin, or whether you bought a third-party domain and transferred or connected the domain to Shopify? This will help us determine where you can update the DNS settings to point to your Shopify store, as well as where we'll need to look for information on the renewal. I'm also curious to know what status do you see for timzatoone.com under Online Store > Domains in your Shopify admin. Looking forward to your reply!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes