I cannot verify my account! please help I tried everything ...

IzabelaWIT
Visitor
3 0 0

I cannot verify my account! please help I tried everything ...

Replies 12 (12)

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hi, @IzabelaWIT 

Elle here from Shopify. 

Can you confirm what you are trying to verify?

Are you trying to:

Let me know exactly what you're trying to accomplish and the steps you've taken so I can help. Thanks!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

IzabelaWIT
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi! I'm trying to verify my documents i mean passport/goverment document etc. How long do I have to wait for it. Its all the time "Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold

Your Shopify Payments account needs to be verified. You can still make sales while your payouts are on hold.

The photo ID you uploaded was not valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID in order to verify your identity.

"
Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Thank you for clarifying, @IzabelaWIT !

Once you upload your ID, the banner should go away within 24-72 hours. If our team needs additional information from you, they will reach out to you within the same timeframe. 

I've just sent you an email so I can authenticate your store and provide additional insight as to why this has taken longer than it should for your account. 

Talk soon!

IzabelaWIT
Visitor
3 0 0

I dont know what literally happened but just right after your reply I got verified 😄 thank you!

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

You're welcome, @IzabelaWIT !

I sent you an email if you're interested in the context behind what occurred. 

Happy to hear everything is fine on your end now. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to our support, we're available 24/7!

sirmikaelandson
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem, but i've just read through this conversation and what i got out of it was; as soon as i upload mig Passport, the banner isn't going away immidiatly or...? It keeps telling me my ID isn't valid.. 

Please help

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hi, @sirmikaelandson 

If you are receiving an error that your ID is invalid, it's more than likely due to the following issues: 

• Low quality photo being uploaded (ensure your image is clear)
  • Important information excluded from the photo (ensure the image you're uploading shows your entire ID!)
  • Your name or birth date entered upon sign up does not match the ID 

If you're certain the image you've uploaded shows all information clearly, then your issue may be due to your account information not matching your ID. Let me know if this is the case and I will reach out to you directly. 

Hope this helps! 

sirmikaelandson
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey, I'm sure my ID is clear and i would really appriciate if you reach out to me directly to fix this 🙂

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Thanks for letting me know! 

I have sent you an email with the subject line "Shopify Support - Verify Account". 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon so we can get this resolved! 

Liljaybird
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Elle,

I am having the same issues as the people you've recently helped. Hoping you can help me as well. I recently launched my online boutique and I noticed that my approval for Shopify payments was denied after I sent my social security card as legal proof of identification. It says I need to provide another form of identification for approval, however I recently got married and in doing so my last name has changed. I was able to change my last name on a few things but due to the COVID shutdown I have not been able to change over all forms of identification yet. 

Shopify payments is still letting orders get processed, however it says that that shopify will not release "payouts" until they can verify my identity. So I'm hoping you can help me or give me some guidance on the best way to resolve this issue! 

Thank you! 

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hi, @Liljaybird 

I just looked into your recent tickets and can see you were sent an email earlier today regarding your payouts.

At this point there is nothing I can do to help, as the correct team is currently looking into your recent uploads and will be in touch via email if they need anything further from you! 

Hope this helps! 

eastoneggli
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem. Images are clear and good quality but no success. I have talked with two support members who said they escalated my issue and haven't heard anything in return. Would really appreciate getting this resolved.