I'd like to remove "– {shopname}" from the website title.

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

My shop is daichinagahamaya.com. And I'd like to remove "– daichinagahamaya" from the website title "Daichi Nagahamayaのショップ – daichinagahamaya". The website title I mean is the below.

View page source.

source code inspectsource code inspect

Browser tab

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 5.23.54 AM.png

I've already tried this in theme.liquid.

{%- capture seo_title -%}
{%- if request.page_type == 'search' and search.performed == true -%}
{{ 'general.search.heading' | t: count: search.results_count }}: {{ 'general.search.results_with_count' | t: terms: search.terms, count: search.results_count }}
{%- else -%}
{{ page_title }}
{%- endif -%}
{%- if current_tags -%}
{%- assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' -%} – {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags -}}
{%- endif -%}
{%- if current_page != 1 -%}
– {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}
{%- endif -%}
{%- assign escaped_page_title = page_title | escape -%}
{%- unless escaped_page_title contains shop.name -%}
&ndash; {{ shop.name }}  <--- REMOVED THIS PART  
{%- endunless -%}
{%- endcapture -%}

I've already read most of similar posts, but I haven't found the way yet. It would be helpful, if someone can make it happen.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

Can you try disabling the "Smart SEO" app and see if it goes away. It seems to me that it is the app that's inserting the name in the title.

If not let me know, we can check further

⚡️ [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Need help with your store? [Get a quote]
0 Likes
Highlighted

@daichi 
1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. In your theme.liquid file, find the<title> tag (press CTRL + F or command + F on Mac to search)
3. Replace the entire line of the <title> tag with this code:

<title>{% if template contains "index" %}{{ page_title }}{% else %}{{ page_title }}{% if current_tags %} {{ 'general.meta.tagged_html' | t: tags: meta_tags }}{% endif %}{% if current_page != 1 %} {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page_number: current_page }}{% endif %}{% endif %}</title>

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Needing urgent help? I am currently available for hire, same day response guaranteed: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've tried both of them. And it removed -{shopname} from the title. I think it was because of the smart seo integration putting the name into the title. I forgot why I added smart seo, but I just wasn't smart enough to use it. Thank you for both of you for helping me. It was quick and effective.

0 Likes