I get an error when i press Add to Cart

6 0 0

When I press Add to Cart button I get an error saying: "There was an error while updating your cart. Please try again."  and the Quantity field becomes red. I get the same error if I somehow manage to add a product to my cart and then I try to remove it. I deleted my cookies/cache but I still get the error

0 Likes

Please, share your store URL so people can try replicating the error you are getting.

This will increase your chances of getting applicable actionable advice.

Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.

Confused? Busy? ? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com

Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/braiv

Want to increase revenue? $ First find where your store is leaking money rumendimitrov.com/bfcm/
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @hotwish !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and welcome to our Community!

From what you describe, it is likely related to either your theme or an app. Had you made any code customizations to your theme lately, or have you installed any new apps?

I'd love to help you out with this. Would you be able to include a link to your store? This is really helpful as it allows us (myself and Community members) to examine this directly and to help you out that bit faster. 

If you prefer not to share a link to your store, do let me know and I can send you an email to look into this directly.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1125 90 137

please share a store url to better assist 

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
6 0 0

url is https://hotwishstore.com/
I had not made any code customizations or app installations recently. 2-3 days ago everything was OK...

0 Likes

Disable the Doubly Currency convertor and try adding to cart again.

Disable the Ajax cart (if you have such an option) and try adding an item again.

Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.

Confused? Busy? ? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com

Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/braiv

Want to increase revenue? $ First find where your store is leaking money rumendimitrov.com/bfcm/
0 Likes
6 0 0

Didn't work

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Thanks so much for providing the link to your store, @hotwish !

I think it may be coming from the JavaScript being added here:

11-08-xp0dk-ry5e7

Do you recall adding this?  Could you try searching for this 'hextom_usb' within your theme's code? You can do so in your: Admin > Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code > Search. And also by clicking ctrl+ f (or cmd+f on Mac) within individual files.

It may be the case that you'll need to add this correctly with whoever has added it for you or roll back some of your theme files to remove this

Do let us know how you get on, or if you need a hand at all.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Katy,

We having the same problem. https://superheroeswarehouse.com/

I have uninstalled apps and problem still occuring. Error message "There was an error while updating your cart. Please try again" on product page when adding to cart, and also on cart page if trying to remove any product on cart.

Can you please help identify problem and suggest solution. Is Christmas and I am getting messages from buyers that cannot complete purchase because cannot add products to cart.

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @SHWarehouse !

Thanks so much for joining in here. I am sorry to hear that, and I can completely understand that it is a busy time for you. I'd love to help where I can.

Similarly to the above, I'd like to ask if you have made any edits to your theme's code? There does appear to be quite a few additional scripts added to your theme:

06-27-v9c0x-5l941

These may be from apps or code manually added to your theme's code. The areas I would like you to check primarily would be your: theme.liquid, product.liquid and product-template.liquid.

Could you please roll back these files, refresh your page, and see if this helps?  You may also like to use this tool to help you in finding the additional code. 

If you would prefer for us to help you with this directly, feel free to let me know and I can send you an email.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes