I get an error when i press Add to Cart

2 0 0

Hi Katy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I just tried your Roll back option but didn't fix it.

We never touched or changed the theme code. We only added apps that we neeed, from Shopify Apps.

Yesterday before I message you I tried to follow advise in this forum and deleted several of the latest apps and reinstalled again one by one, in the hope to find which one was probably causing the problem. But after deleting almost all apps (only left the first ones from the time when subscibed), unfortunately didn't fix problem.

What I did realise was that, was possible to add some products to cart, others not, and afetr adding to cart, the "remove" product button does not work. Not sure if very important for you to know, but better you have detailed understanding of the issue and so you can help accurately.

Couldn't find any app that was creating problem. So decided to write to you and ask for help.

Yes, please email me directly to help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Thanks so much for your reply, @SHWarehouse  and for the additional context too - this is very helpful to note. 

I have sent you an email so that we can take a closer look into this with you. If you could reply to me when you can, including examples of products that are adding to cart successfully for you, that would be great. 

Thanks again and chat soon.

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
7 0 0

Dear Kate,

I have the same problem here, start getting an error message today when I try to add product to the cart. The message is something like "there was an error while updating cart, please try again later", I also have similar problem when I tried to remove product in my shopping cart. And seems that the error mainly appear on Mobile version, and sometimes on desktop version. My URL is mamy-kingdom.myshopify.com.  Thanks in advance for you help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @MamyKingdom !

Thanks so much for joining in here, and I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing something similar.

I have taken a look, and it does appear that you too have some additional scripts/custom coding added to your theme. I do have some questions for you, also:

• Have you made any recent edits to your theme?
  • Have you installed any apps recently, or noticed this error since installing an app?
  • Have you been able to roll back your theme files as mentioned previously, to see if this helps? (you may indeed need to clear your cache after doing so, before testing this again).

Do please let me know how this goes for you.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
7 0 0
Hi Katy,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I actually changed the theme due to the checkout issue. I am not using the
"Minimal" theme and seems that all the problems have been solved. I think
its the problem of the "Debut" theme rather than the coding issue.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help and the reply.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Thanks for your reply, @MamyKingdom !

I'm glad that this has now been resolved for you. 

Though just to note that when you add custom code or apps which inject code to your theme, this will affect the published theme only. It will not transfer across to other themes in your admin.  If this had been added when the Debut theme was published, it would not have affected the Minimal theme. This is helpful to note in future if you have apps running on your store, and need to add them to a different theme.

If you would like us to examine this in more detail, do let me know - though if you are happy to continue with your current theme, that is completely fine too. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Katy,

I am facing the same problem since yesterday. The problem is intermittent, it sometimes adds the product to cart and sometimes shows an error.

We have not made any changes in the code since last 7-8 days.

Seems like there is some error on the Shopify side, can you please help.

Domain: www.egorproduce.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @sugandh!

Thanks so much for joining in here, and for sharing a link to your store too, this is very helpful.

It does appear that you too have additional scripts and custom code on your store. I understand that you may not have made any coding changes during this time frame, though custom code can also be injected into your theme via apps.

Have you been able to roll back the theme files as previously mentioned (and clearing your cache thereafter) to see if this makes a difference? Could you share your testing with me? Another option is to test this by previewing a different theme on your store. This helps to isolate whether this relates to the theme/custom code adding to this theme, or something else which may need further investigation. 

I have sent you an email to help you in pinpointing this. If caused by an app, we can help put you in contact with the app developer directly to fix this. Do please reply to me when you can. 

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Katy,

I have just launched my website. 

One of my products is having trouble being added to the cart (SHAPE-R)

Could you please take a look and let me know?

www.teachtoddle.com

Much appricaited. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hey, @baselghaz!

Thanks for joining in here, and congrats on launching your store!

I have tested this here and am not able to replicate:

04-53-ke7oz-uj5ji

I do have some additional questions for you:

• Could you share the error that you are seeing - is it the same as described in this post?
  • Had you noticed this happening intermittently?
  • Had you made any edits to your theme's code or installed any apps recently?
  • Have you been able to roll back your theme or test in a different theme? 

Do let me know! 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes