Solved

I need help. SVG logo not appearing on Mobile?

vmstore
Excursionist
43 1 4

I'm having a strange issue with the Debut theme I uploaded an SVG logo and edited the code in header.liquid since there's no upload feature on the realtime panel for .svg's

I also have a .png format uploaded through the realtime panel as it needs to be there for the .svg to show up.

But the issue I have now is that on Mobile, it shows a plain text logo using a clearly different font.

After consulting with someone who hasn't been able to help, I think a solution might be to have that plain text version changed to the font I use in my .svg. Ofc, I don't know how to code so I don't know how I would do that.

Accepted Solution (1)
vmstore
Excursionist
43 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

I resolved this by myself. Apparently an .svg file is much more in depth of a file than any image file. If you don't 'create outlines' for the font, it will utilize font settings.. and for those devices that don't have the font installed on them, it will display as another font. 

So how I resolved this is, I opened the .svg logo on Adobe Illustrator, created outlines basically making it like an image rather than utilizing font code, and reuploaded it and edited my code in the header.liquid. 

YAY!  I should mention: 7 different Developers tried helping me with no solution. I was able to resolve this on my own which feels great!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Hardik29418
Shopify Partner
2913 419 1081

Hello, @vmstore 

Welcome to the Shopify Community.
I read your problem and it seems that I need to analyze your website to provide the solution here.
Would you please share your website URL and if your website is password protected then also provide the password.

- Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp or EMAIL ME!

- Your Coffee Tip would do Magic code ❤️
- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Email
vmstore
Excursionist
43 1 4

I will pm you as I do not want my website to come up in searches leading to this community post

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hello,

Can you send me the full code of header and site link. I will check it.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
vmstore
Excursionist
43 1 4

I can pm you

vmstore
Excursionist
43 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

I resolved this by myself. Apparently an .svg file is much more in depth of a file than any image file. If you don't 'create outlines' for the font, it will utilize font settings.. and for those devices that don't have the font installed on them, it will display as another font. 

So how I resolved this is, I opened the .svg logo on Adobe Illustrator, created outlines basically making it like an image rather than utilizing font code, and reuploaded it and edited my code in the header.liquid. 

YAY!  I should mention: 7 different Developers tried helping me with no solution. I was able to resolve this on my own which feels great!