I need to change the code on my custom theme to make the sale (compare) price work?

aimeebourne
1 0 0

My store was set up in a custom theme by a web designer and I do not know how to work with code but after discussing with Shopify support apparently the code might be incorrect for the compare at price edits as it is not showing up on my store when I change it. Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
439 44 89

Hi @aimeebourne 

Can you reach back out to the site developer that created your site for you? Sounds like they didn't finish the job properly and they should fix any issues if you paid them for a complete site build.

0 Likes
TarotZones
1 0 0

I also want to make changes to the website although a web designer set the whole thing up.

The reason I don't go BACK to the web designer to make the changes is that he will charge me $800!

What else can I do?

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
439 44 89

If there were errors in the coding as they set it up, they should stand by their work and make the necessary corrections. If they refuse to do so, and/or fail to respond to you notifying them of the errors, then I would definitely look for opportunities to leave an honest review on their work wherever it may be possible to do so.

There are a number of businesses such as TaskHusky for example, that will perform individual customization and/or corrections, likely for less than $800. I provided the TaskHusky link just as an example, its not an endorsement. There are several Shopify partners as well that you can seek out that will likely do the work you need for less. 

You can post the job request to get quotes here.

0 Likes

Hey @aimeebourne 

Thank you for your question.

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes