I need to download all the media from my shopify website. How can i do that?

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

I know how to download all the pictures link by link, but i need to bulk download all the pictures i loaded on the website in one move. For backup purpose. Is that possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 7

@francesco4 let me go full SuperSayan on this:

• Go to Settings -> Files
  • Adjust the URL to /admin/settings/files?limit=250 (this will show 250 files per page instead of 50)
  • Open up your browser console
  • Paste in the following scripts in there, this will offer you a file with all the names of the files on that specific page

function downloadFileList() { var assets = $("#assets-table input[type=text]") assets.each(function (index, input) { var filename = input.value.split('?')[0]; files.push(filename); }); downloadFile(); } function downloadFile() { var downloader = $("<a id='download-generated-file' href='' download='files-list.txt'></a>") var data = 'data&colon;application/octet-stream;base64,' + window.btoa(files.join("\n")); $('body').append(downloader) $('#download-generated-file').attr('href', data); $('#download-generated-file')[0].click(); } var files = [];downloadFileList();​

• Do this manually for each page with files and combine them all in one big file with all the filenames you want to download

Let's say the filename is now files-list.txt. Copy this to a specific folder on your computer. Now we want to get every file in this file automatically.

• Open up your terminal
  • Navigate to that specific folder you just created
  • Execute this command: wget -i files-list.txt (requires wget)

You now have a folder with all the files and images from this Shopify websites files folder.

Boakashaa! 

Enjoy mate!
Aivis Zvezdovs / ANTI 404

Hire me - zvezdovs@gmail.com
Did my answer helped you? A like would be appreciated!
Shopify is a great platform and will make you a ton of profit, if executed correctly.
Push it to make your store as perfect as you can, or hire a professional to take your store to next level.
0 Likes