I seem to have a problem with my debut theme banner photo quality

Solved
Tourist
8 1 0

Hello Shopify Community!

I seem to have a little major problem - On my phone the design of the photo looks really beautiful & on the desktop version it seems a little pale. I left a photo in here to show-case the colour difference and when you go on my website in your computer & on your phone you see the difference! - https://idr-floss.com/

Any suggestions?Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 19.49.17.png

Sincerely,

Romy

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
571 123 189

@NewbyRomyy 

Go to your theme.scss.liquid file and add the following code at the end of file:

.slideshow__overlay {
    display: none;
}

Cheers,

Tejas

Shopify Expert | Skype: tejas.nadpara
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
0 Likes
Tourist
8 1 0

Hey thank you for your solution but I still seem to have a graphical issue.

It's supposed to look like this on my site

TESTT1.jpg

I hope that you see the clear difference in these 2 pictures.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 1 0

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 13.25.26.png

0 Likes
Tourist
8 1 0

If you take the first picture that I uploaded on this site & compare it to the one that's on my site then you clearly see the difference

0 Likes
Excursionist
37 8 5

Hi @NewbyRomyy 

This is the uploaded image. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0299/9212/4553/files/TESTT2.jpg?v=1578338363

Does this look perfect to you?

0 Likes
Tourist
8 1 0

Definitely not.

This looks perfect

TESTT1.jpg

0 Likes
Excursionist
37 8 5

Then maybe the image uploaded by you must have been compressed someway.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 1 0
can you un-compress it?
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
264 38 67

@NewbyRomyy I'm afraid you can't uncompress it. I'll explain what's going on:

When a user visits your site, Shopify serves your images (and other things) from their CDN. Shopify's CDN does a number of things such as compressing it, dropping it to 72dpi, creating different sizes (dimensions) so that it serves an appropriate size based on the device a visitor is using and converting it to Webp format for browsers that support it. Shopify call this 'magic stuff that happens automatically' you may see it differently in this case, but what they are trying to do is speed up your site. You can't, as far as I am aware, do anything to prevent this process.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I thought I'd take the time to explain why it's happening.

On a positive note, I'm on a 27in 5k screen and I had to look closely to see what you were on about. I don't think 99% of visitors are going to notice that drop in resolution. But then I am getting older by the day, maybe my eyes aren't as good as they were :)

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like