I was Working in theme.scss.liquid and now my site is broken

lsere
2 0 0

I was trying to add a menu to my mobile theme although I may have deleted something I needed to keep the site from working correctly. 

Please help! Am I missing something or is there a way to reset?

}
}

.cart--empty-message {
.cart--no-cookies & {
display: none;
}
}

.cart--cookie-message {
display: none;

.cart--no-cookies & {
display: block;
}
}

[data-shopify-buttoncontainer] {
justify-content: flex-end;

0 Likes
ThomasATX
3 0 0

Hey Isere, Can you look in another theme if you have a backup theme for this same file and replace what was deleted?

0 Likes
lsere
2 0 0

I don't exactly know what I deleted. Will it work if re download the theme file and replace the whole thing? Not sure where the to find the backup fo the theme file. Clearly a beginner here.

0 Likes
ThomasATX
3 0 0

The best thing to do when making edits directly to your theme is first duplicate your live theme you can do this by clicking the actions button located at the top of your page on the theme editor screen. This way if you make a mistake you always have a way to revert your changes and start over without breaking anything that is live. 

As for the changes you made you may be able to download the theme file and just replace the file you directly edited. Can you share what file in your theme you were editing when you noticed you accidentally deleted something? 

0 Likes