IPS TAG

joanneharrison
1 0 0

HI 

can anyone point me in the right direction of finding out what my IPS tag is.  I have looked all across the site and cannot see it anywhere.  It is to transfer my domain name from EKM.  They want a IPS to transfer but I can only see a IP address on shopify.

Thankyou

0 Likes
alltonc1804
1 0 0

Did you find a solution I'm having exactly the same problem

0 Likes
Bobinwis
1 0 0

Im also having the same issue 

0 Likes
Willgamlin_123
1 0 0

I am also having the same issue!! Not sure where to find the IPs Tag on Shopify?

0 Likes
EmLou98
2 0 0

Did you guys find a solution yet? I’m also having to sort this....

Emma  

0 Likes
Elliot20
4 0 0

We are currently having this issue, did you find a solution? 

0 Likes

An IPS tag is a label that applies to any Registrar that registers .UK domains. 

If you want to transfer a .UK domain to one Registrar to another you need to know the IPS tag of the new Registrar and modify the IPS tag, before placing the request.

I did some research and Shopify doesn't seem to be an accredited Registrar for UK domains. In fact they used MarkMonitor registrar themselves to register their domain shopify.co.uk

Could be that they partnered with MarkMonitor to manage UK domains for Shopify too, and in this case the IPS Tag would be MARKMONITOR. But this is just a supposition, and need to be confirmed by Shopify

Anyway, another possibility is to keep the domain to the same Registrar you are currently using and just update the DNS record of the domain to point to Shopify.

You can find more details at this link Connecting a third-party domain to Shopify 

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.