Image Upload Failed in Blog Post Featured Image

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

I've been creating and uploading images to the "featured image" in blog posts the same way with no problems, but am suddenly getting an error message.  It reads, "Image upload failed. Could not generate an image extension name."  The files sizes are small (around 144 kb), are jpegs, and have the .jpg extension already.  I haven't been doing anything differently.  Is this a bug?  Is there a workaround?  

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi

I believe this is a bug - I saw on another forum multiple users having this problem (myself being one of them). Hopefully it's fixed soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

I am having this same issue right now and have been trying to fix it all morning. I eagerly accept any suggestions. Thank you! 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

+1. I keep trying to upload an image to the "Featured" space and the site doesn't even register the image. In the past we've been able to hit "save" after uploading an image, but that's not the case today, it seems. I've tried different size images and different browsers—same result.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Right, same. I finally got in touch with Shopify and they said it was a glitch, then they emailed me a few hours later saying it was fixed, but it's still happening on my end. I definitely need a solution here ...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm still having this issue, but weirdly, my boss was able to upload the photos.  No idea why.  She might be using a Mac (I'm on PC.)  Maybe that's why?

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1
I'm still having this issue too. On a mac.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Same problem over here, since 24 hours ago.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

A few minutes ago I talked to Shopify support and they suggested uploading the image with a Full Access account (my account had limited access).

So, I tried in the same store with a full access account, and it worked. The error does not appear.

I suppose for many it's not possible to have full access because of company policies, etc.

But at least, it's a temporary solution while it's being solved for users with limited access.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you Alejandro.  That must be why my boss was able to do it and not me.  How inconvenient, though.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Likes