Image getting stretch in slideshow

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have an issue with shopify slideshows, not too sure if it's an issue on my side, but on a normal 15inch size screen, the image is perfectly fine, but when i view it on a 17inch screen, the image get stretched and it is out of proportion. currently its in full width but its stretched out

I hope someone is able to help me! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
214 26 36

Hi, @JoeBox !

What's the name of the theme you're using? If you're using one of Shopify's free theme's then this is likely expected behaviour with the hero images. Hero images are used to make sure images are optimized across all screen sizes. This is why it is not recommended to upload images with text on them (text options are instead provided in the Theme Editor), and why it is best to make sure the most important content is in the center of the image.

Because the site is designed to be responsive and the image container will change depending on the size of the screen it's loaded on, I would recommend editing the existing images to some different sizes to include or remove whitespace, to see if you can get the look you're after!

For more information on combatting slideshow cropping, feel free to take a look at this blog post.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes