Images dissapeared from my homepage

MDKSocks
Pathfinder
140 1 22

Hello, I come to you in panic. Suddenly a lot of images dissappeared from my homepage. Reuploading them doesn't solve it, also the images are still in the files unchanged. This just happened

What is going on? Is this a bug?

look: www.mdksocks.nl

Go sock yourself! -- https://mdksocks.nl
Replies 6 (6)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @MDKSocks.

Thank you for your message and sharing your website link. I took a look and believe I see exactly what you mean. It appears that many areas on your homepage that were once photos appear blacked out. Are you using a third-party theme or a Shopify theme?

If you are using a third-party theme, I recommend checking a fresh unpublished Shopify theme to see if the issue persists on one of our themes. You can do this by clicking Online store, Themes and scrolling down past your Theme library and adding a free Shopify theme. Once your free theme is added to your theme library, simply click customize on that theme to see if the pictures you are having issues with are showing up correctly on the unpublished theme. If the photos are showing up as intended, this points to an issue with your third-party theme directly.

If you are using a Shopify theme and having this issue, have you recently made any changes to your store? Have you deleted any apps that previously affected your products or images in any way or made any recent coding customization's to your store?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

MDKSocks
Pathfinder
140 1 22

Hey Marty,

It seems that overnight everything came back out of itself?? Any ideas what it could have been, I haven't done anything to fix it yet? How can I prevent it in the future?

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @MDKSocks.

I am happy to see that your storefront is not having this issue anymore. It is tough to determine what you have to do in the future if you run into this error without knowing what caused it. However, I do have a couple of ideas that you can consider moving forward.

Images disappearing, or blacking out on a homepage could be any of the following:

• Internet speed issues
  • A local issue (only happening on your device) or a device/browser-specific issue (only happens on a specific type of phone in a specific browser)
  • Custom code added to the theme files, have you added any custom coding to your theme?
  • Custom code added to your theme files by a specific app.
  • Custom code added to the browser when the page loads, by an app (so not added directly to the theme)
  • If you are using a third-party theme, I recommend reaching out to your theme developers to check if they had any specific issues recently that could have caused this.

However, if you run into the issue again make sure to check to see if it is occurring across multiple devices and browsers which will help with troubleshooting down the road.

Feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any further questions at all, we are always happy to chat!

MDKSocks
Pathfinder
140 1 22

Hey Marty,

Yes it was occuring on all devices I checked. Also didn't download any app and didn't change any code....

Also in the theme editor images still wont show up and on the homepage they are now. It is pretty weird...

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @MDKSocks.

Thank you for messaging me back with this information. To clarify, you are now adding new images in your theme editor only to have them not show up, but on the live shop, they are?

If so, I can certainly understand why you would find this strange. Can you confirm if you are using a Shopify theme or a third-party theme? If you are using a third-party theme, head to Online store>Themes>Customize>Theme settings to view your Themes name and developer information.

25-15-42988-48911

I would recommend reaching out to your theme developer directly through the "Get support" option.

Alternatively, you could reach out to us through our Help Center to speak to a live support member through live chat, email, or callback. Once you reach an advisor and explain the issue, they can reach out to a third-party theme developer on your behalf, as long as the third-party theme is still available on our Theme store

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @MDKSocks

I checked and it shows fine: https://i.imgur.com/it0KxHC.png

If possible, send me a screenshot with description on it. I will check it.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify