Implementing Trustpilot in my website

Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 1

Hi Shopify community, 

I need your help! 

I am trying to implement Trustpilot reviews on my site, but the (incredibly unhelpful) Trustpilot instructions want me to implement two bits of code, the first inside the <head></head> section of my website’s HTML or as close to the top of the page as possible, and the second into the HTML of your website where you’d like your TrustBox to appear.

Now... where are these two locations? 

Thanks in advance! 

A very lost Fos 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hey, @FoxyMox !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you!

I'm sorry to hear that you've ran into difficulty with this, and I'd love to help you where I can.

If you would like to test this out yourself, I suggest doing so in a duplicate version of your theme. Alternatively, you may like to cross-check the information below with TrustPilot's support team via their live chat here. 

Regarding the first instruction, this is likely referring to your theme.liquid file. Adding the code in here ensures that it is visible on all of the pages throughout your store.  You can access this by navigating to your Admin > Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code > Layout > theme.liquid. As indicated from the instructions, you can place this then just below the opening <head> tag, near the top of the file.

The next part of the instructions would really depend on where you would like to show these reviews. Have you thought about where you would like to include them on your site? If you are adding product reviews and would like to add them to the product page, for example, you would add this to your product section.  In Shopify built themes, this would be titled product-template.liquid. In here you can paste the snippet of code below your product description or below your social media icons.

I do hope this helps you out - feel free to let me know how things go for you.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1141 92 139

hi,

@@FoxyMox 

try this

https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us/articles/203840826-Add-a-TrustBox-widget-to-a-webpage

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes