Import option for "Variant Inventory Qty" for "single location" is missing

spiralcircleorl
5 0 0

Hi, I am a single location store and used to import new products with a variant inventory qty field in my csv file. This worked for over a year and sometime in the last few months, that option is no longer available to me even though I am still a single location. THIS IS A PROBLEM. Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
361 29 87

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

spiralcircleorl
5 0 0

Thanks Olivia,

We are a single store, not multiple. These are new products only. I figured out that it DOES import the quantity field, even though there is no actual field available to "match" it to anymore. There used to be! So it works, but it is abnormal compared to how I have to match all the other fields. I would think this would be very confusing for anyone. 

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
361 29 87

Thanks for getting back to me and that additional context @spiralcircleorl!

I'm more than happy to keep digging into this for you. What you mentioned about "matching" fields was super helpful and gave me some insight into the issue. I believe what you might be referring to is after uploading a product CSV file of new products in your single location store, then hitting "change the order of column headings", there isn't an available variant inventory qty heading to match to the column in this drop-down:

28-03-ljr81-bg8ib

Can you confirm this for me? If not, please send over a screenshot of what you are referring to so I can investigate further.

I look forward to your reply,

Spiral_Spectrum
2 0 0

EXACTLY! Bingo. That's what is missing. It used to there, I swear.

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
361 29 87

Ok, perfect I am glad we narrowed that down. I'm investigating this further for you and I will follow-up as soon as I have an answer.

Thank you for working with me on this!

Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
361 29 87

Me again!

I have sent you an email in order to authenticate your account and help you resolve this. Can you please follow-up with me there? Let me know if you can't find it, or need me to send it again.

Happy Friday,

viteooky
Tourist
6 0 1

Olivia hello,

I need your help, I have exactly the same problem

Thanks !

0 Likes
spiralcircleorl
5 0 0

We figured out it DOES actually import regardless of being mapped, so try it and see. She's asked for this to be fixed internally, so I am sure it is in the development to do list.

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
361 29 87

Hi, @viteooky!

Thanks for the mention. It sounds like you might be having similar issues to the one our merchant @spiralcircleorl described. It's definitely correct that CSV file should still work, are you able to test it out for us?

If not, please describe the exact errors you see and I'd be glad to have a peek.

Warm regards,

0 Likes