Improving Website Speed

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys, I recently just launched on Shopify using the Debutify theme but when I check using Google Page Speed, I rate pretty low on mobile (scoring around 30).

How can I improve with the page speed and where do I remove the unused js/html codes?

http://thecoldbrew.co/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
780 63 175

Most active ecommerce sites (Shopify or not) score low in Google PSI, I wouldn't worry about the score there, it doesn't translate to actual speed (more details in this post Google PSI for Shopify).

Removing unused JS and HTML probably won't be a positive ROI for you, since Shopify works on a template based system + has an integration of 3rd party apps, this project usually is time intensive and requires maintenance.

I recommend starting with the key Shopify optimizations:
- Image optimization
- App optimization
- File minification
- Lazy loading

Here's a free tool my team and I built for the Shopify community to analyze Shopify sites for performance: Shopify Analyzer.

That will give you recommendations + links to resources to optimize your site.

Run your site through that Analyzer tool, then if you prefer to have an expert handle the optimization, just hit up our team.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the input. Will look into implementing the suggestions that you have mentioned!

0 Likes