In need of a solution for age restricted products.

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there we require some assistance with setting up an age verifer for specific product pages on our site.

We have an online business selling a large range of gourmet food related products, gift hampers, chocolates etc, we also sell alcohol such as wine and spirits. To comply with the Australian laws regarding the sale of alcohol, a message needs to displayed and also a facility for someone to input their age to confirm they are 18+. My understanding is this message and age input can show up on the specific age restricted products page or during checkout. 

The problem we are having is that most apps on the shopify app store seem to only allow for 'all or nothing' in terms of only allowing you to show the popup on all pages, this is something we dont want as we dont want it showing up for non alcoholic products. The additional problem is most apps have rather limited capabilities when it comes to selecting specific pages for the popup to show up on, especially when you are dealing with hundreds of products with many multiples of variations of their urls. We dont want to have to find all of the potential urls for each item to manually input as this is not feasable nor convenient for adding or adjusting products in the future. 

Ideally the solution would be an app or function that we can simply select which products the popup will show up. Or a function if possible that when certain products are added to the cart in the checkout their is an age verifyer.

I would really appreciate any help with this problem we're having. Any reccomendations of better apps would be much appreciated or alternatively we are willing to hire a developer if they can help fix the problem.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1014 210 254

Hello tgo,

They are 2 ways to do this without app
1) Add specific tag to all products which are alcoholic and where you need to show popup. In this way we with the help of tag we can read in code to which product we have to display popup.

2) An option in theme settings, where you have to enter product name. You can add multiple with comma separate then in code we can read to which product have to display popup.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi thanks for this, i have sent you a message regarding getting this work done. 

0 Likes