Include usage not allowed in this context in product page- Debut theme

2 0 0

I've searched for a solution and the answers are find are saying its a problem with a specific app. The only app I have installed is Globo, request a quote and the Shopify chat. Any other solution? 

ejemplo.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 17 52

Hi, @HEPR 

Elle here from Shopify. Happy to help you out with the issue you're experiencing. 

Would you be able to provide a direct link to this product page? 

Also, if you can explain what the expected behaviour should be here (especially if you have your product page customized to allow for a tailored experience) this would be very helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

https://houseexpresspr.com/collections/frontpage

The message appears in all of the product pages. Below the product name it should be blank with no message displayed 

0 Likes
1 0 0

https://7hclothing.com/ ALL of my products say 'usage not allowed in this context' ! The only apps i have connected are: oberlo, facebook marketing, spocket, and google shopping. PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 17 52

Hi, @amydamante & @HEPR 

@amydamante: I'm unable to view this error message on your storefront. Can you please send along a screenshot if you're still experiencing this? 

@HEPR : Thanks for providing your URL. It looks like this error is being caused by injected 3rd party app code. I'll be in touch via email so I can fix this up for you. 

Cheers,
Elle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
120 7 24

Noticed this on a password-protected store this morning. Google brought me to this thread. It doesn't seem app related in that context. See screenshot.

Screenshot 2019-11-06 13.37.55.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 17 52

Hi, @JohnAtBonify 

Thanks for sharing! I now have some additional context on why these errors are occurring.

The liquid {% include %} tag has been deprecated, and replaced by the {% render %} tag. These tags are used to include snippets in your theme (such as snippets from 3rd party app code). The solution to this is to replace the use of {% include 'snippet-name' %} with {% render 'snippet-name'  %} when {% include %} has been added in. 

Our Help Doc on depreciated tags here states that the include tag has been deprecated because the way that it handles variables reduces performance and makes theme code harder to both read and maintain.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Elle

1 Like
Shopify Partner
120 7 24

@Elle Thanks for the insight.

Am I understanding this correctly that you guys rolled out a huge breaking change without any real notice or changeover period? I recall a mention of this around Unite but nothing further. Is this being rolled out to only new stores or something like that? Should I expect thousands of angry app customers on my door at any minute? Something this big should be in everyone's faces with time to react and test solutions and a deprecation date well in advance. "include" has been used for years all over the place in themes and apps. Finding out via a bug report isn't ideal, to say the least.     

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 17 52

@JohnAtBonify 

I completely understand your concerns. 

At this time, the change has only been rolled out to Debut. Our theme support team can assist with making the necessary changes to the code, so if you do have merchants reaching out, please direct them to our support!

Moving forward, these changes will be implemented in newer versions of all themes. Further communication surrounding this change will be coming soon to our Partner Community. 

Happy to pass along any feedback you have to our team!

Thanks, 
Elle

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
120 7 24

Ah, ok. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Glad to hear that we don't have an incoming support apocalypse! We'll keep our eyes peeled for updates. :) 

0 Likes