Instagram Tagging Declined twice?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey!

We've been trying to set up our Instagram Shopping to our Shopify, Xclusive Elements, and we've been declined twice. We have our Instagram as a business page, have it connected to our Facebook. Just unsure what to do to get approved, tried contacting Instagram directly and never got a reply. If someone could helps us get approved it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Xclusive Elements

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 14 16

Hey there, @XclusiveElement!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you've been declined by Instagram. The approval is a process that is entirely handled by Instagram, and we'd only be able to tell whether a store has been approved, pending, or rejected. I can empathize with your circumstance, as my store was also rejected through the Instagram Sales Channel.

You'll want to ensure that your shop doesn't violate Instagram's E-commerce Policy. I've worked with merchants who have had innocent wording in their product descriptions which effected their eligibility, so you may want to revisit all the text in your store. For example, I've seen a merchant rejected for selling a "Fireplace poker set" because the word "poker" was assumed to relate to gambling, and violates their policy. There doesn't appear to be humans behind the approval process, so keep in mind it's a robot scanning for terms that could be in violation.

Some merchants have had success by making such changes and removing the Instagram Sales Channel before re-adding it and attempting the approval process again. If you're continually rejected, there isn't an appeal process in place at this time. We're also unable to access the reason for shop rejections.

I was also able to locate some external workaround suggestions that some merchants have tried and succeeded with in this Community Forums post. If you continue to have trouble through the Instagram Sales Channel, you can try one of the workarounds mentioned here but keep in mind this is something we're not able to support.

I hope this information helps! Best of luck, and please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes