Invalid URL provided

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'd like to import 1000 simple products from my Excel spreadsheet up to my new website. I figure I can import the pictures later and just match them up.

So far, I manually uploaded 2 products to Shopify and then exported a nice CSV template.

Then I opened the CSV file on my desktop, copy and pasted a few items that basically say the exact same info but I can't seem to get Shopify to accept the import.

I keep getting errors like this ------Line 10-11: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.

I also tried leaving any cells that can't be dulplicate info blank and it still didn't work....Any ideas?

CSV attached with top two items working fine....bottom 4 won't upload.

Thanks Cindy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 707

Hi,

If you have exported as plain CSV, I'd be cautious when making manual edits - the CSV is extremely fidgety about everything right down to what specific quote characters you use etc. Try and export for Excel et al and see how that pans out - haven't had too many issues the few times I used it.

If you already have used the export for Excel and the import isn't working now after your edits - it really is a matter of experimentation then. I'd export 1 specific item. Then I would copy that and make the bare minimum of changes and do each change incrementally until you hit a problem. Then figure out how to work around the problem.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Cindy,

Did you figure out a solution?  I am having the same issue

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hola lo pudiste solucionar? estoy haciendo pruebas ya que me interesa adquirir un plan para mi empresa, lamentablemente me da ese error y de ahi no paso

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm Facing same Problem. If u found a solution then please need your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Im facing the same problem. Please can someone help me! 

I´ve done 1 product at a time and no solution, the url opens the image but still it shows url invalid.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you manage to see what was the error? I´m facing the same thing. 

0 Likes