Invalid URL provided

CindyAugust
1 0 0

I'd like to import 1000 simple products from my Excel spreadsheet up to my new website. I figure I can import the pictures later and just match them up.

So far, I manually uploaded 2 products to Shopify and then exported a nice CSV template.

Then I opened the CSV file on my desktop, copy and pasted a few items that basically say the exact same info but I can't seem to get Shopify to accept the import.

I keep getting errors like this ------Line 10-11: Validation failed: Invalid URL provided.

I also tried leaving any cells that can't be dulplicate info blank and it still didn't work....Any ideas?

CSV attached with top two items working fine....bottom 4 won't upload.

Thanks Cindy

0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1867 182 777

Hi,

If you have exported as plain CSV, I'd be cautious when making manual edits - the CSV is extremely fidgety about everything right down to what specific quote characters you use etc. Try and export for Excel et al and see how that pans out - haven't had too many issues the few times I used it.

If you already have used the export for Excel and the import isn't working now after your edits - it really is a matter of experimentation then. I'd export 1 specific item. Then I would copy that and make the bare minimum of changes and do each change incrementally until you hit a problem. Then figure out how to work around the problem.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Buddhai
1 0 0

Hi Cindy,

Did you figure out a solution?  I am having the same issue

Thanks

David

0 Likes
Jorge3
1 0 0

hola lo pudiste solucionar? estoy haciendo pruebas ya que me interesa adquirir un plan para mi empresa, lamentablemente me da ese error y de ahi no paso

0 Likes
waqasii
1 0 0

I'm Facing same Problem. If u found a solution then please need your help

0 Likes
Egaleano
2 0 0

Hi Im facing the same problem. Please can someone help me! 

I´ve done 1 product at a time and no solution, the url opens the image but still it shows url invalid.

0 Likes
Egaleano
2 0 0

Did you manage to see what was the error? I´m facing the same thing. 

0 Likes
BartZ
1 0 0

This can happen when you have wrong symbols in imported csv.

Best first check csv with any validator that is online, just type in google "validate csv"

In my case was missing images (wrong url to cached version) and symbols like this formated from office " ' "

0 Likes