Is Custom Fields by freakdesign no longer working or updated?

Solved
tnthudson
Tourist
5 1 0

Hello, sorry if I'm in the wrong section, please move if I messed up.

We used Custom Fields by freakdesign when we set up our product pages. My former web guy did this and left me instructions on how to work with the Custom Fields when creating a new product.
However, it appears that the extension is no longer working, and I do not see any recent interaction with the developer online to indicate that he is still fixing/supporting this. I could be wrong, of course.

If I load the Custom Fields tool I get a popup that reads "Custom Fields Tool Loaded' but then another that says "Custom Fields error: setup_custom_fields(): target html not found'. Then if I try to load the tool again, Shopify pops up a message 'Already loaded the tool?'

So I'm wondering (and I'm painfully obviously not a coder) -
If I get another app that will allow me to do customized fields and install it, will that mess up my pre-existing product pages that were created with the former Freakdesign Custom Fields extension?

A Shopify support person said that I should ask the developer for help in removing any coding from the theme, but I don't think I can get to the developer, so any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
tnthudson
Tourist
5 1 0

Bumping one time just in case anyone knows, thanks!

0 Likes
tnthudson
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Actually nevermind. I wanted to keep the Description tab and the Community tab, so I found a solution here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Hiding-the-collection-description-on-collection-page-... where I learned how to Comment Out the lines I want to be ignored. So I commented out the tabs I did not want, and it appears the page is still pulling my Description that I enter into Shopify's product creation page, and is keeping the Community info that was previously there, while deleting the other tabs I didn't want. Hopefully this will work. Glad I found the info on the link, great info in this community!

0 Likes