Is it possible to add Adobe Tag code to checkout pages?

2 0 0

We've added the tracking code to our theme liquid file, but that code is not present during checkout. Is it possible to add this code to the <head> and before clossing <body> tags?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
617 31 70

Hi there @ferrob!

Don here from Shopify. :)

It is not usually possible to customise the code of your checkout area for security reasons.

There are certain style customisations you can make using the built-in functionality, but the checkout code itself is off-limits.

Could you let us know a bit more about this third-party code you wanted to add, what it's for and where you would need to add it exactly to see if there would be anything at all we can advise here?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The code that needs to be added is related to tracking. Adobe Tag Manager. It's present on every page of the site except for Checkout.

I can see there's support to add Google, Facebook, etc across the site, but there needs to be a way to add other industy standard tracking methods.

The only other alternative is to upgrade to Shopify Premium, which is out of the question for our needs.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
617 31 70

Hi again @ferrob!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Thanks for that extra information here.

If you would like, we can file a feature request for adding this kind of functionality natively to the platform in the future.

You can leave your store's URL here (if you are comfortable) as well as some info on what you would like to see added to Shopify and why this is important to your business.

Otherwise, for now, your option would be to add it to your theme.liquid file but would it would not be possible to edit the code of the checkout area.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes