Is it possible to add a tag to EVERY order in liquid?

longinoa
12 0 0

We use a 3PL and then can only /exclude/ orders by tag. I want the ability to create a private app with webhooks to process orders and optionally add tags if I want my 3pl to fulfil or if I want to fulfil myself. The problem is they will only exclude an order rather than just injest with tags. To get around this (and to avoid any latency problems with webhooks) I want to tag every order with 3PL_IGNORE and until my webhook processes the order and either 

- removes the tag 

- changes the order in a way that I want the 3PL to be able to ingest

I would love to do this in liquid rather than an app as I dont want the delay with adding the tag from a webhook

0 Likes
SachaC
Tourist
3 1 1

If it's a Plus store, then the easiest way is to use Shopify Flow to add the tag to an order when it's created:

SachaC_0-1612945860594.png

You could add order notes, and there are apps that can turn these notes into tags, but presumably, these would potentially have the same latency issues you mentioned.

Otherwise, no – there isn't a way to tag an order using only Liquid.

0 Likes
matbaker
Excursionist
14 6 7

Hi @longinoa 

Can be easily done with this app DataJet

Might require bit of custom setup, just send an email to app support and they will set it up for you according to your requirements.

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com :)
0 Likes
longinoa
12 0 0

Hmm it is not a plus store  

Order notes are one of the triggers I am going to use to create the tag myself 

0 Likes
longinoa
12 0 0

I am writing my own app to do this - so unless DataJet is running with something other than webhooks - it will have the same latency problem

0 Likes