Solved

Is it possible to change a Shopify Partners store on Basic Shopify to Development Store?

carlek
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello.

We changed our Shopify Partners test store to Basic Plan to test some apps. Shopify docs advised you can't install paid apps using development sites.

We have since spoke with the Shopify App's company who have said that they can setup a free version of the app on our site for us.

Is it possible to change the site to be in Development mode? The UI / docs are unclear as to whether or not this is possible.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @carlek,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question!

Once a store has been moved from a development store to a paid plan store it isn't possible to change it back. Your best bet in this instance is to start another development store and duplicate the information over there. 

I hope this helps and answers your question! 

Thanks, Nick 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @carlek,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question!

Once a store has been moved from a development store to a paid plan store it isn't possible to change it back. Your best bet in this instance is to start another development store and duplicate the information over there. 

I hope this helps and answers your question! 

Thanks, Nick 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

carlek
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you Nick. That is very helpful. Appreciate your time! I marked your answer as the solution.

Have a great day!