Is it possible to organize my blog posts in the order I want them to appear?

Solved
Tourist
5 0 0

I'm using the Turbo theme and have hundreds of blogs, some of which I've now hidden. Of the ones that remain visible, I want to re-organize them so they appear in the order I want them. How do I do this? Thanks, Jo

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 79

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care team.

So when it comes to blogs there isn't a way to drag and drop to organize and re-organize blog posts. However, that doesn't me that there isn't a way to adjust the layout of each post.

You were talking about the hidden feature for your blog posts. Well, when you mark a blog post as Hidden and then mark a blog post as Visible it will essentially re-publish the post. That means that the blog that was the most recently marked as visible will show up as being the latest published post and will show at the top of the page. In that case, you can hide the posts that you want to rearrange and then publish them in the order that you want them to appear. The ones that you want to sit at the top of the page will be the ones that will be published last. Does that make sense?

In order to hide a post you can just go to your blog post and adjust the settings on the top right-hand side:

2019-11-zryhd-47zqv

Based on your question that should answer what you're looking for, but if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 0

Perfect, thanks Dallas. Have done this and it works. Would be much easier to be able to drag blogs to where you want them though! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 79

Perfect! I'm so happy to hear it. 

What I will do is add a merchant frustration for you. This will let our team know that this is something that is a request to be built. I can't promise that it actually will be built, but it's a great place to start. 

Thank you so much for your request.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes