Solved

Is it possible to organize my blog posts in the order I want them to appear?

WiseOldJo
Tourist
5 0 4

I'm using the Turbo theme and have hundreds of blogs, some of which I've now hidden. Of the ones that remain visible, I want to re-organize them so they appear in the order I want them. How do I do this? Thanks, Jo

Accepted Solution (1)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care team.

So when it comes to blogs there isn't a way to drag and drop to organize and re-organize blog posts. However, that doesn't me that there isn't a way to adjust the layout of each post.

You were talking about the hidden feature for your blog posts. Well, when you mark a blog post as Hidden and then mark a blog post as Visible it will essentially re-publish the post. That means that the blog that was the most recently marked as visible will show up as being the latest published post and will show at the top of the page. In that case, you can hide the posts that you want to rearrange and then publish them in the order that you want them to appear. The ones that you want to sit at the top of the page will be the ones that will be published last. Does that make sense?

In order to hide a post you can just go to your blog post and adjust the settings on the top right-hand side:

2019-11-zryhd-47zqv

Based on your question that should answer what you're looking for, but if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care team.

So when it comes to blogs there isn't a way to drag and drop to organize and re-organize blog posts. However, that doesn't me that there isn't a way to adjust the layout of each post.

You were talking about the hidden feature for your blog posts. Well, when you mark a blog post as Hidden and then mark a blog post as Visible it will essentially re-publish the post. That means that the blog that was the most recently marked as visible will show up as being the latest published post and will show at the top of the page. In that case, you can hide the posts that you want to rearrange and then publish them in the order that you want them to appear. The ones that you want to sit at the top of the page will be the ones that will be published last. Does that make sense?

In order to hide a post you can just go to your blog post and adjust the settings on the top right-hand side:

2019-11-zryhd-47zqv

Based on your question that should answer what you're looking for, but if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know. 

WiseOldJo
Tourist
5 0 4

Perfect, thanks Dallas. Have done this and it works. Would be much easier to be able to drag blogs to where you want them though! 🙂

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Perfect! I'm so happy to hear it. 

What I will do is add a merchant frustration for you. This will let our team know that this is something that is a request to be built. I can't promise that it actually will be built, but it's a great place to start. 

Thank you so much for your request.

CastleRocks
Visitor
1 0 1

This would be super helpful.

I'm quite surprised it isn't an option.
Any development on this yet?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

@CastleRocks No change to this.

If you have a critical need a possible method that would give you "drag and drop" natively in the admin would be to make a manual collection with empty products whose handles match articles titles/handles then customize the theme to use the order or products in that collection by getting the articles with the global articles object.

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects#articles

Bear in mind you may hit pagination weirdness or per page limits like the all_products object

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects#all_products

For a large set of content to quickly build the handle list the first time you could use either use an app like excelify to export the article handles, or make an alternate template to generate the list with liquid in either json or a partial csv.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

JoePichardo
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey WiseOldJo, I've actually made an app to drag and drop blogs into the positions you would like. Here's the link to the Shopify App: Article Organizer Pro

KeithG71
Visitor
1 0 0

Totally works!  Just toggle from Visible to Hidden, hit save, then toggle back to Visible.  Hit save.  Voila!

The_Sleepers
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks - I used the workaround to control which blog posts (4) show up on my home page. Super klunky - but it works!

www.sleepersgourmet.com

Christina_Sleep_0-1658520420730.jpeg

GoWestyDanica
Tourist
3 0 5

We have hundreds of blog articles that we want in alphabetical order. This isn't a solution for us if we have to do it every single time we add an article.

thomas741
Visitor
1 0 2

It's not a solution if you need to click hundred times, in order to have a single element moved to its right place.

Shopify, i'm VERY frustrated 😉 thank you again

nhcon
Shopify Partner
13 0 5

I agree. This is not really a "solution" even though they've deemed it one.