Is it possible to redirect /collections/ to /collection/all ?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to do this...

There aren't many products on the site I'm working on, so within the main navigation the 'STORE' links to /collections/all. 

The problem is that if someone visits mysite.com/collections - it takes them to an overview of all of the collections which I don't want. 

Is there a way to bypass this with redirects? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 47 98

Hey, @cwilson 

If you want your 'STORE' to link to all of the products available on your store as opposed to all of the collections on your store, you can make this change within your navigation settings.

By going to online store > navigation > click on the menu you want to edit > click the edit button beside menu item you want to edit >change the link to 'All Products'. As shown below:

Once you do that, be sure to save your changes. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi Dirk,

Thanks, but that isn't quite what I was looking for. Even though the navigation bar links to 'All Products' if a visitor was to navigate to www.mysite.com/collections/ they would still see a page that I don't want them to see.

I have no need for the page, so, therefore, do not want to spend time having to style it when it is redundant. 

Is there a way that I can redirect all traffic that tries to reach /collections/ ? 

Thanks 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you ever get an answer to this?  Im not sure why all the Shopify members think a solution is to hide the links....people can still access the page.....google can still index them......

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Unfortunately not... 

0 Likes