Is it possible to share the cart between two different Shopify store backends?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Has anyone got any ideas about the possibilty of unifying the cart between two different Shopify stores? Our aim is for something like https://www.mcdavidusa.com. Here they have 4 distinct brands which you switch by clicking on the logos above the nav bar. But the cart is not shared between each of the brands.

We want a similar expereince with distinct home pages and designs between the different stores but the cart to be shared between the stores.

For example taking two stores A and B. If customer comes and adds a product to the cart from A and then proceeds to go to store B to add another product from store B, then when going to the checkout page both the products (one from store A and another from store B) should be in the cart.

Are there any apps we can use for a shared cart or is this possible using a custom theme?

Best Regards,
Ananthapadmanabha Kurup

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @ananthu-lys 

At this point, a single cart cannot be utilized across two separate Shopify stores. Each Shopify store acts as its own unique account with their own checkouts. This can't be deleted and replaced with an existing one.

Your only option would be to take your stores and edit the checkout buttons on the cart page to redirect to the product page on a different website. For example: you have Website A, Website B, Website C. You could edit the checkout buttons on website B and C to redirect to the same product page on website A. That way all of the checkouts go through website A.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes