Is this possible in shopify platform?

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

I sell exclusively on Amazon so I have no need for the checkout buttons or the cart in the upper right corner. I got rid of all of that and replaced it with a button that says "Buy on Amazon". If you're not aware, there are various links Amazon shoppers can find/buy a product from that will boost organic ranking in Amazon search. With that said, I decided I'd create a "link rotation" feature within the workings of each button I create for a product. So, for product X, I have the one button "Buy on Amazon". I had someone code a feature where there are 10 possible links that single button can send the traffic to. Link1,link2,link3,link4,link5,link6,link7,link8,link9,link10. I did 10 links so that I can essentially assign percentages to each URL. In other words, If I wanted 40% of the traffic to go to URL1 I can make link1,link2,link3,link4 all URL1 and the other links different. So, the programmer used metafields to create the 10 link feature and he used cookies to make it so that upon every page refesh, the browser displays the next link (in order). My problem is... I need the shopify system to display the links in order across ALL visitors who click on the button. In other words, if person1 comes and clicks on the button, let's say they get link1. Then, when a totally different person (person2) arrives and clicks the button, I want that person to get link2. I do not want that visitor to get link1. I need the system to know that link 1 has already been displayed to person1 and knows to now display link2.... and once link2 is displayed, the next visitor to click on the button sees link3...and so on...showing all 10 links then starting back at link1. Is this possible? Hopefully I've explained it well enough. 

0 Likes

Success.

2 1 0

i guess not

0 Likes