Issue on products with reviews: Either "offers", "review", or "aggregateRating" should be specified

Highlighted
3 0 2

I'm getting this error from Google, but only seems to show up when a customer leaves a review. Any idea how I can fix it?

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 3.50.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-18 at 3.49.31 PM.pngEither "offers", "review", or "aggregateRating" should be specified

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

I'm encountering the same issue. Please help.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
189 13 21

Hi @aamirbilvani  @Sharon_Henry ,

Akshay is here as a Shopify Partners!

I have read your note and I want to tell you that I can fix aggregate rating and offer regarding error but the review will not display review because it is store in the review app server.
If you want to fix it then email or Skype me. I will back to you shortly.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

Shopify Expert | E-commerce Consultant
Email: akshayvaghasiya84@gmail.com
 - Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me .
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Just so I understand this correctly, you're saying that in order to fix this error, I would have to hide the review? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of having a review? From what I can tell, this is an issue in the Shopify Product Review App's code.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
189 13 21

@aamirbilvani 

No Shopify Product Review App's code is working fine. I want to say, Not any customer review will display on the SEO part because it is store into the App server not on the Shopify server. Moreover, you don't need to remove the app , The app remove is not a solution it is schema code error. 

If you want to fix schema error then you need to use https://schema.org/ this link. After that, if you are not able to fix the issue then let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

I have opened a ticket with Shopify Support directly, their technical team is looking into this. I'll post an update here once I find out more.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
189 13 21

@aamirbilvani 

Normally they will take 72 hours' time to provide you solution. So when they got issue they will email you. So share suggestions here so the other user gets help from it.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Here is the reply I got from Shopify Support:

Hi there,

My name is Casey and I'm from Shopify's Technical Support team.

Thanks to the context you've provided to Aimée about Google's review errors I've confirmed it is being actively looked at by our developers as we speak! I don't have a timeframe for resolution, I'm sure you can appreciate that this shouldn't be happening and so it's necessary for starters to engage with Google to understand the changes they've made to their service, and what is now an acceptable format for the data. Then it must be engineered and tested to ensure there are no harmful side effects and then reassessed and retested and so on.

However I can assure you in the meantime that this will not negatively impact your SEO or your sales. This only affects Google's Rich Results function which as their documentation mentions is not something that they are guaranteed to put on any of your pages. It only affects eligibility, and as various SEO articles can also corroborate once eligible there's every chance it could still not happen. Let us know if you have any further questions on this, or feel free to reach out to our Guru team again if you would like to know anything else!

Casey Inniss | Shopify Tech Support

So looks like it shouldn't be a major issue, but they look towards resolving it in the meantime.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

im having the same issue. Please can you show step by step guide on how to resolve it. Too many complicated terms used and it is really confusing. 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey Ray,

So as mentioned in my previous post (the one showing the reply from Shopify Support), there isn't currently a simple fix for this. Shopify Support is working with Google to try and fix the issue. In the meantime, the issue shouldn't affect us too much since it doesn't affect our Google Search Ranking much. hope that makes sense.

1 Like