Odd question.

Using a stock theme but you can't see the "additional checkout buttons"

Code on the cart

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
        <p>
          {{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}
        </p>
{% endif %}

So all is good there... also you get the paypal option when you get to the checkout pages... but nothing on the main page.

In fact it always fails the if statement

If i remove the if statement all together I get 

Liquid error: unexpected return

Any thoughts?

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Trevor!

Check the CSS file to see if any elements are set to display: none. That's a pretty common method for hiding paypal buttons that we use, and if it was done by a staff member over here, it'd likely be the last line of the main CSS asset in the theme editor.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
465 0 35

Nope... not the issue... I would see it in the raw html regardless of the css sheet..

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Trevor, would you mind passing along the URL of the shop you're working on? I might be able to lend a hand.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
465 0 35

http://www.wil-do.com/

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
371 0 52

Trevor,

These buttons don't show when "Accounts are required" is activated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
465 0 35

Hmmm... Ok thanks... is that documented anywhere?

Maybe a disclaimer to http://docs.shopify.com/support/your-website/themes/can-i-have-additional-checkout-buttons is needed

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Trevor!

I've figured it out.

The reason you're not seeing the PayPal button on the cart page is because your shop has accounts set as required, which means that all customers must log in to the shop in order to check out. With that option enabled, the PayPal Express button for checkout, which can act as a bypass to the majority of the checkout steps, is removed from the shop, forcing the customer to log in.

What's not so super is the fact that if your customer is logged in, they don't have the option to select PayPal on the cart. There may be a way around this, but to determine the best course of action to allow for that, you'd be best to reach out to Mobilia's developers over at info@outofthesandbox.com.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Ryan, you're a speedy man! I thought I figured it out quickly, but I guess you're just too fast for me.

Trevor, I'll shoot a note over to the docs team to add something to that doc.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
371 0 52

Just a matter of right place, right time. Wasting time deciding between adding new app features or calling it a day.

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes