Issue with checkout cart is emptying on mobile devices

aliceshops
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello,

I am having an issue with checkout on my shopify store https://in-with-the-old-limted.myshopify.com/

on mobile devices (seems to be just iPhone) when customers add a product to the cart then press checkout the cart empties immediately so cusotmers cannot reach checkout

I have reached out to shopify support who think its an issue with the theme but I wont hear back from them till at least Monday. Its so frustraring as we are losing sales

Hope someone here might know about what is causing the issue! thanks in advance

David28
Explorer
79 0 13

I'm having the same issue. Losing lots of customers. I've made no changes to my site but it's happened suddenly. Shopify support just say it all works fine when they try it. But my customers say otherwise. What theme are you using? I'm on Minimal v9.0

0 Likes
Jurij
Tourist
13 0 1

Same issue here. Shopify said the issue is with products bundling app. However, even after disabling the app the issue is still here. Looks like it is affecting only Safari users. We changed our theme to Brooklin, just in case if this is related to Theme, did not help. 

We done a lot of testing, apparently, when you are using Private/Incognito mode on Safari, everything is ok. 

Waiting for Shopify to reply for 2 days now. Very frustrating  

0 Likes
aliceshops
Tourist
8 0 2
Hello,

My theme people helped me abs foound the issue is with the mailchimp ap so we disabled it and all is okay again. So try checking your ApS one at a time if you haven’t already. I spoke to Shopify on the chat function but they weren’t helpful. Have you tried your theme people?
David28
Explorer
79 0 13

Juri, there are now several threads about on this Technical Q&A forum, so it is affecting other users too. It's definitely happening on Safari (so nearly all Apple device users can't place orders!) but I'm finding it's an issue on Firefox browser too. Disabling apps or trying different/old themes doesn't fix the issue. I think it's probably an issue for many more stores but they won't even have realised it yet as some customers can still place orders so it's not immediately obvious there's a problem.

Jurij
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you for suggestion! 

We are using Vitals 40+ apps in one. Tried disabling, did not help. We are using Brooklyn theme.  

0 Likes
Jurij
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you David, 

When we reached our Shopify, they said there are similar reports and they connected it to bundling apps. However, even after disabling the app, did not help. 

Shopify done testing, apparently using Android, and said they do not see any issues and everything works fine. Well, we done some testing from our side, when we found the issue is with Safari/Firefox users only. Still waiting for reply from Shopify. 

0 Likes
David28
Explorer
79 0 13

Jurji, what is the exact name of the app that you have that Shopify say is causing the problem?

0 Likes
Jurij
Tourist
13 0 1

Shopify pointed on Vitals 40+ in one. But only because there were similar reports and all the shops who reported the issue are using bundling apps (well I think 99% of all shops are using those apps anyway). 

We reached Vitals, they done some testing and are sure the problem is not related with them. 

0 Likes
David28
Explorer
79 0 13

That makes me more convinced that the issue is not being caused by 3rd party apps as I don't have the Vitals app but we are having the same issue. Several other people who have reported the same issue also have different apps installed so it seems very unlikely that all these different apps could be starting to malfunction at the same time over the last few days. Plus, we have all found that disabling apps in testing does not fix the issue.