Issue with product sizes changing at checkout

Caryn
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello,

We are having issues with our website "changing" product sizes when people add items to their carts.  For example, a customer may add a product to their cart, selecting an XL; however, when they add it to their cart it shows as XS.  It does not happen for every product or even every time with the same product.  When I inspect the code for the most recent product it happened on, I see there is an error:  Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '}'  

I know you'd likely need to see some code to figure out what might be causing the problem, but not sure what is helpful and not, so just including a link to a specific problem that we know has had this issue:  https://zozospaw.com/collections/fray-bandanas/products/copy-of-the-cherokee-dog-flannel-fray-bandan... 

Does anyone know what is causing the issue here?  Since it is across multiple products, would we need to fix the problem in the code for each listing or is there a universal fix?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Replies 3 (3)

Not applicable

Variant selection is done with js so you should resolve all errors to make it easier to debug the issue, the one you are looking at seems to be caused by something called instabadge

window.instabadge.productBadgeMap = { "copy-of-the-cherokee-dog-flannel-fray-bandana" :  }

Caryn
Tourist
5 0 0

Hey there, thank you for this.  Really appreciate it.  I'm not quite sure how to resolve all the errors - is that something that can be done automatically or do we need to actually go fix code?  If we delete the app, would that fix the problem?

Not applicable

I don't think just removing it would solve the issue, you would have to remove the code the app added to your theme, generally apps have instructions on how to do this, better ask for support on it from devs. Its unclear if the variant error is caused by that, but it should still be fixed.