Items not showing up on website

Armink
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello.

I have a product in my webshop(actually more) which is assigned to 7 collections. If I check the poroduct on the admin page, it says it is a part of the collections. If I check the collections page, it says the product is a aprt fo them. But when I open the website, the item doesn't show up in the collection, but it shwos up in the recommended. It happened with like 5 products of 7 I tried to add. I have no idea what causes the problem. After some trying, the item showed up in 1 collection of the 7. Why? Please help me

Replies 31 (31)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Armink,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That does sound very strange alright. Would you be able to share your store URL and a link to the product, please? It's very difficult to figure out why this is happening without any more details or seeing/ knowing the product and the collections it is supposed to be in. 

Would you also be able to tell me how you assigned the product to the collections? Did you do it via a manual collection or an automatic collection? Personally, I find it easier to assign and maintain products via the manual collection method, but that's just my personal preference. Any more information you can provide would be hugely valuable. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Armink
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey there, thanks for your reply.

My store is still password protected, I don't know if that's a problem for you or not. Anyway, the apassword is hey there.

The URL to the product: https://buyacase.net/products/soft-matte-cover?pr_prod_strat=collection_fallback&pr_rec_pid=22362041...

I would like to sell phone cases. This phone case is available for the iPhone 5, 5S, SE, 6, 6P, 6S, 6SP, 7 and the 7P. It is added to all of these colections, but for some reason it only shows up at the iPhone 7 collection. I have 2 other products assigned to these collections, they show up without any problem, which means that the navigation is set up correctly, and the collcetions should be as well.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for sharing the information @Armink

I can see what you mean and that does look very strange for sure. The same happens to me as it does for you. It is only appearing in the iPhone 7 collection. The first thing that springs to my mind when I see something like this is was there any custom code work or an app added which needed code edits? Would you be able to confirm or let me know if you did please? 

If so then this would more than likely be a theme issue. To test this out, would you be able to take a look at a different theme to see if the product shows up? Then we would know for sure and can take the next steps into fixing this for you.

Armink
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey, thanks for the answer

I didn't edit the code manually, although I used theme editing apps. I will try it with an other theme later today

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

No problem at all. 

Ah ok, it could be one of the apps. Let me know if it works on a different theme and we'll know more of the direction we need to take for the next step then. 

Thanks for letting me know and looking forward to hearing from you. 

Armink
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey, I have amde some further investigation.

The product shows up in the correct collections while using an other theme. Then I reapplied the original theme, but it still didn't show up. When using the theme editor, it shows up, but on the lvie site it doesn't. What could be the issue there? 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Armink,

Thanks for checking and letting me know this. It could be a multiple of different things and very hard to tell exactly what without taking a closer look. My guess it's an app of some kind, but I couldn't say for sure. It might be best to move this conversation over to an email so I can verify your details and to take a closer look into it for you. Would you be able to confirm if the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with? If it isn't, can you let me know what is please. 

Rando51
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same issues as is happening in this thread.  I have some Drop shipping items that show up in my admin page, but do not on the live page. my site is www.greenwallvintage.ca 

any help would be appreciated.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Rando51,

Would you be able to double-check the settings for the product in the top right corner of the product page in your admin to make sure they are live? If you take a look at the screenshot below you can where I mean in the product page: 

19-10-qjm5w-pb41a

If all the options are ticked for you, we would probably need to take a closer look into why this might be happening. If that's the case, could you let me know if the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with? 

Rando51
Visitor
2 0 0
Yes the email I use on here works. Everything looks good on the items.
Chris721
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nick, I'm having the same issue on my website. Everything is great and runs perfectly except for one collection. It shows 0 products, but if I search for them by name in the search bar I can find them. Wanting them to show up in the correct section when people are browsing my site. Please help.

Mya1
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @Nick,

I am currently doing the free trail and i was wondering when you add products in the admin is it supposed to show in your website because it doesn't show on mine.

Thanks

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Mya1,

There could a few different reasons as to why the product won't show up straight away, it's difficult to know without actually taking a look, but it could be one of the following reasons. 

Something to remember is that when you add a product to the admin, it won't automatically show up on the public site. You would need to assign it to a collection or highlight it to show up where you like on the public website. You can adjust the settings in the theme customizer to decide what shows up where and if you want to have a full collection on your homepage or just. Shopify has a help guide going through the steps for editing the theme settings which you can see here. Also, just to double check you have the product availability checked as per one of the previous replies in the thread. 

Mya1
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @Nick 

Thank you,but i accidentally deleted one of the edit codes it's called snippets/product-price.liquid and i was wondering how can i get it back and also i was wondering do you guys have a customer service number i can call because i have some other questions. 

Thanks 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Mya1,

Ah ok, that is something I would not be as comfortable with, especially not being able to see the code section of your store. Your best bet might be to reach out to the support team directly if you have other questions also. You can do so by going through this link here and, signing in and following the steps. You can talk to someone on our team via live chat about this and the other questions in one interaction. 

LunarLilac
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey, so my shop link is https://lunarlilacstudios.com/

It isn't just one product, it's about half my sticker inventory. I will send you a link to one that isn't showing up. https://lunar-lilac-studios.myshopify.com/admin/products/6747995242658

I'm not sure if that link will work, these items won't even come up in search even though they are all active. 

I started off automatic with tags and now I just do it manually. 

alexfc
Shopify Partner
20 4 3

@LunarLilacwhat's the password to see the store front-end?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @LunarLilac,

Can you reach out to our support team as I mentioned above about this, please? Someone will be able to look through this with you in real time. 

Futur3ceo
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello ALL,

Why is the issue of products not showing up so popular? Why is there no solution to this?

I have searched I have done everything I can to get a certain collection to show but it will not. I deleted all the Tags, Remade every collection list,

Checked the navigation tab to make sure it works properly and it is connected to the right collections. Nothing is working. I am frustrated!!!! 

Ive already spent 6 hours trying to fix this. It is absurd that there is no shopify number to call to help but we pay money-_-. 

-Sincerely. Mr. Aggravated

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

@Futur3ceo wrote:

I have searched I have done everything I can to get a certain collection to show but it will not. I deleted all the Tags, Remade every collection list,

Can you share some example links? So a product that you expect to be in a collection, and the link to the collection. Often when I see this it's related to search and filter apps. Since those tools use their own database there can be a delay in sync that from the master records on Shopify side. If you're using an app like that I would always suggest that you:

• check if the result is the same in a different (unpublished) theme
  • load up that app and see if there's "sync data now" or similar button.

Less commonly I see this due to:

• theme code where old bits of code existed to hide products for various reasons. 
  • forgetting to publish on the online storefront channel
  • and it isn't impossible for it to be an issue Shopify side.

Seeing clear examples is a great place to start narrowing that down.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Futur3ceo
Visitor
2 0 1

https://sierah.co/collections/ladies-watches

that is what isnt showing on my website. I added new watches from a different vendor and they disappeared as well. It worked when I added the watches but then they disappeared again so Idk what is the issue with this category. 

jpshivell
Tourist
30 0 2

I am having the same problem as the others in this thread. I have added several items to two new collections. All of these items are showing up as active in the two collections on the admin page, but the website has no items in these two collections. Based on previous posts, I tried to check to see if these collections are set to have items added manually, but couldn't find it on the collection page. 

The URLs for the two collections are:

https://unclejoeystshirts.com/collections/fairy-princess-collection/Tees+T-shirts+Mugs+Journals+Magn...

https://unclejoeystshirts.com/collections/fantasy-accessories/mugs+notebooks+stickers+fantasy+dragon...

These items do show up in the Catalog. The URLs for a couple of example items are:

https://unclejoeystshirts.com/products/spiral-notebook-ruled-line

https://unclejoeystshirts.com/products/daddys-princess-mug-11oz

Can you help me figure out why this is happening?

jpshivell
Tourist
30 0 2

I found the solution to my problem, perhaps others can check on this as well. When creating a collection, tags can be added to the URL. For example, one of my URLs looks like this with tags added:

https://unclejoeystshirts.com/collections/fairy-princess-collection/Tees+T-shirts+Mugs+Journals+Magn...

The words at the end after the "/' following the collection name are the tags, and are part of the URL when added to the menu. When an item is added, however, it is added to this URL:

https://unclejoeystshirts.com/collections/fairy-princess-collection/

As you can see, there are no tags on the URL the item is added to. But when you go to the page, the browser shows the page with the tags. I solved the problem by recreating the collection without the tags, so now the "missing" items are on the page.

I hope this helps. 

Busynessmoms
Visitor
1 0 0

I need help because some products that I added to my site are not showing up on my website.

cvbglitz
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the exaxt same problem.  Any of the new products I enter are not showing up on the website.  They show up in recommended items, but not in the collections and not in the shop all.  Extremely frustrated.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @cvbglitz,

Once a new product is added to your store, it wouldn't automatically. Once it has been added to your store, you would need to assign it to a collection and then assign the collection to the homepage or have it show up on a page you want it to for it to be seen publically. This can be worked on in the theme customization:

20-07-vqrgc-epzot

You can see more about how to edit the theme settings from here

eddyzp
Excursionist
23 0 7

having same issue! items is appeared in the admin and assigned to the collection but doesnt appear at the shop page. please advise

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @eddyzp,

Without taking a look at your store admin and studying this closer, it's really difficult to know why they might not be showing up as it could be a multitude of things. Could you share a link to your store and if possible the product name and link to the product to help me troubleshoot this further. 

eddyzp
Excursionist
23 0 7

thank you - fixed. some items after editing appear after a while

xdreamineer
Excursionist
17 0 7

Hi Nick,

I have been using theme Simple, website: https://planetdeluxe.ca/

It came to us in a shock, I have the same issue. I uploaded a product WOC, it is in the collection "Chanel", but on the website when I go to the page "CHANEL", the product just isn't there. even with many attempts. I started digging and realize the problem has been around for more than a month. So under my website the collection page "CHANEL" it shows only 25 products, but at admin, under the collection, there are total 34 products available.

Can you help?

Thanks

Rachel

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @xdreamineer,

This is something we'd need to access your account in order to understand better and resolve. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request.