Items not showing up on website

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello.

I have a product in my webshop(actually more) which is assigned to 7 collections. If I check the poroduct on the admin page, it says it is a part of the collections. If I check the collections page, it says the product is a aprt fo them. But when I open the website, the item doesn't show up in the collection, but it shwos up in the recommended. It happened with like 5 products of 7 I tried to add. I have no idea what causes the problem. After some trying, the item showed up in 1 collection of the 7. Why? Please help me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Hi @Armink,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That does sound very strange alright. Would you be able to share your store URL and a link to the product, please? It's very difficult to figure out why this is happening without any more details or seeing/ knowing the product and the collections it is supposed to be in. 

Would you also be able to tell me how you assigned the product to the collections? Did you do it via a manual collection or an automatic collection? Personally, I find it easier to assign and maintain products via the manual collection method, but that's just my personal preference. Any more information you can provide would be hugely valuable. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey there, thanks for your reply.

My store is still password protected, I don't know if that's a problem for you or not. Anyway, the apassword is hey there.

The URL to the product: https://buyacase.net/products/soft-matte-cover?pr_prod_strat=collection_fallback&pr_rec_pid=22362041...

I would like to sell phone cases. This phone case is available for the iPhone 5, 5S, SE, 6, 6P, 6S, 6SP, 7 and the 7P. It is added to all of these colections, but for some reason it only shows up at the iPhone 7 collection. I have 2 other products assigned to these collections, they show up without any problem, which means that the navigation is set up correctly, and the collcetions should be as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Thanks for sharing the information @Armink

I can see what you mean and that does look very strange for sure. The same happens to me as it does for you. It is only appearing in the iPhone 7 collection. The first thing that springs to my mind when I see something like this is was there any custom code work or an app added which needed code edits? Would you be able to confirm or let me know if you did please? 

If so then this would more than likely be a theme issue. To test this out, would you be able to take a look at a different theme to see if the product shows up? Then we would know for sure and can take the next steps into fixing this for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, thanks for the answer

I didn't edit the code manually, although I used theme editing apps. I will try it with an other theme later today

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

No problem at all. 

Ah ok, it could be one of the apps. Let me know if it works on a different theme and we'll know more of the direction we need to take for the next step then. 

Thanks for letting me know and looking forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, I have amde some further investigation.

The product shows up in the correct collections while using an other theme. Then I reapplied the original theme, but it still didn't show up. When using the theme editor, it shows up, but on the lvie site it doesn't. What could be the issue there? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Hi @Armink,

Thanks for checking and letting me know this. It could be a multiple of different things and very hard to tell exactly what without taking a closer look. My guess it's an app of some kind, but I couldn't say for sure. It might be best to move this conversation over to an email so I can verify your details and to take a closer look into it for you. Would you be able to confirm if the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with? If it isn't, can you let me know what is please. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same issues as is happening in this thread.  I have some Drop shipping items that show up in my admin page, but do not on the live page. my site is www.greenwallvintage.ca 

any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 558

Hi @Rando51,

Would you be able to double-check the settings for the product in the top right corner of the product page in your admin to make sure they are live? If you take a look at the screenshot below you can where I mean in the product page: 

19-10-qjm5w-pb41a

If all the options are ticked for you, we would probably need to take a closer look into why this might be happening. If that's the case, could you let me know if the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with? 

0 Likes