Items randomly tag with spo-disabled

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello!

I noticed in my shop that all of a sudden, I have my items being automatically tagged with spo-disabled. What is that? Why are they getting tagged that way, and why did it all of a sudden happen? Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Laurie 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Laurie_Nickerso!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for bringing this up! It definitely sounded familiar to me.

I've used a third-party app on some of my stores in the past called Pre‑Order Manager 2.0 made by one of our Shopify Partners, SpurIT. 

This is the one app I know that'll add tags named spo-disabled or spo-enabled to products. When I've used this app, the tags just indicated whether the product was eligible for pre-order or not. If the tag spo-disabled is on a product, it's to let the app know that this product is not a pre-order eligible product.

If you have this specific app installed you'll be able to check on which products have the spo-enabled or spo-disabled by going to your Apps section in your admin and clicking on the app (Pre-Order Manager 2.0). You can go into the products section and filter a search for the Pre-Order status of enabled or disabled.

The tags won't have a negative impact on your site, they're only used to distinguish products for the third-party app to use. That said though, if you're using tag filtering on your site for customers to find things based on tags, this will show up for them. I'd recommend using a different app if you do have this filtering by tag available for customers so that they don't see the tag when filtering products on the site.

In that situation, I recommend Pre‑order Now by Website On-Demand. This app doesn't use tagging for identifying products for pre-order. However, it does have some more advanced settings and is a $14.99/month app. At the moment there appears to be a 14 day free trial from the developer to test it out if you'd like as well before you commit.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Thanks Lilith! That is totally it! I appreciate the help! Mystery solved. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

No problem! Happy to help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I've just noticed the same thing happening on my site, and "spo-disabled" is showing up in the filter dropdown menu for customers.

Is there a way to hide this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Having the same problem with our site but removing the pre-order app did not correct the problem.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

@janice_tsao at the moment no. If you choose to allow filtering by tags, then you'll allow customers to filter by all tags. You can refer to my earlier post on how to resolve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

@DavidEmptypage this would be because the tags aren't removed automatically by removing the app. You'll need to remove them yourself if you no longer need them or the app in your store. The easiest way to do this is to export your products and edit the tags in the spreadsheet there. You'll find them under the column named "Tags". Once you've done your edits, you can import the products back in as per normal and replace the old versions in your account.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

I'm having the same issue with these tags after I uninstalled Pre-Order Manager app.  App developers should be responsible for removing all of their code when an app is uninstalled.  I have so much broken code because apps I've removed leave remnant code behind.  Shopify should go after app developers that can't clean up properly!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

@hemplily thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the appropriate teams to look into this.

In the meantime, if you've got some code in your theme that has been added by an app you'll want to send a support request to the app developers. All partners have their support contact inside the apps or themes as well as their page in the theme/app store.

That said, the tags that are the topic of this post thread aren't affected by the theme code so this would be something that you'll want to follow the instructions in the solution post to resolve.

0 Likes