Jewelry Inventory: How To Keep Track When Someone Orders One Necklace With Multiple Pieces On It.

ppanopoulos
2 0 0

Hello!

I am selling custom jewelry on Shopify, and have a question regarding inventory.

Customers have the ability, when purchasing one single necklace, to add 1-6 of the same pendant on that single necklace.

Is there a way to keep track of the number of pendants being sold (for example, someone bought 6 pendants on one necklace) while keeping the sku for the entire necklace as something different?

If this question needs clarifying, please ask and I will be happy to do so. 

Thank you all for your time!

Peter

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
363 15 51

Hi Peter

Normally in these scenarios you would bundle up the product you are selling. For example you could have different variations of different quantities of a specific pendant. Each variation would be bundled so when an order is placed inventory is recalculated. For example our bundleup app converts an order with a bundle into the components so you can see what needs to be fulfilled and also updates stock accordingly. We also have the extra capability of calculating how many bundles can be made from the inventory available of components.

However, if you are using say an options app that just adds notes to orders based on a selection then you would need to think about reconfiguring your setup. So without further information the above might not be the best solution.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1164 144 204

I really don't understand your whole question, but I think you can use variants for it.
With each pendant being a different variant, then the customer is free to choose the pendants for it. The inconvenience is that you need to add all the pendants to all the necklaces.
Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
ppanopoulos
2 0 0

Thank you for your question. The problem is there is only one style pendant per product, and people can add multiple of that same pendant to one necklace chain. I have the variant set so they can add up to 6 of the same pendant with custom engravings on them, but the inventory only accounts for the one product, the necklace as a whole, rather than the number of pendants they are choosing to buy.

I hope that clarifies your questions, and thank you for your time.

Peter

0 Likes