Klaviyo integration not working Brooklyn theme

Solved
Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

Hi everyone,

I installed the Klaviyo app and use the Brooklyn theme and this is what I want to do:

When people enter their e-mail address in the native Brooklyn newsletter section, they are supposed to be added to my newsletter list in Klaviyo. Then, they receive a welcome mail with a discount code.

However, this does not work. I integrated Klaviyo successfully because for example abandoned cart mails and newsletter signup pop ups are working perfectly.

What I already did:

• Used a custom HTML field to embed a signup form from Klaviyo. But I don't want to do that because it slows down the site speed a lot
  • Contacted Klaviyo support. They told me it should work automatically but it doesn't :-(

I tried the same a few weeks ago with Omnisend and there it worked automatically without any problems.

Can anyone please help me?
My store is: www.peakbelt.com

Thanks a lot,

Andreas

0 Likes
gseilei
Shopify Expert
230 28 37

Hi Andreas, 

check if you have double opt-in activated on your list: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251108-The-Double-Opt-In-Process.

If you do, the customers won't be added automatically. You will have to talk to Klaviyo support to deactivate that.

I hope that helps! If you need, we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com

Dear Andreas90,

If you are using custom form then need to put page url at subscribe page at Klaviyo.

If you need help on this then contact here: https://www.task4store.com/products/connect-newsletter-to-privy-klaviyo-account

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

Hey @gseilei ,

Thanks for the reply!
I have double opt-in activated, yes, but I think my initial question was poorly phrased:

I have tested the newsletter form field myself. Which means that I typed in my email address and hit submit. However, nothing happens after that. I don't receive a confirmation mail or anything. That's why I think the newsletter form field and Klaviyo are not properly connected. This is where Klaviyo support told me that it should work automatically. But unfortunately, it doesn't...

@MS-WEB-DESIGNER 
Thank you also for your reply.
I embedded a newsletter form field from Klaviyo in the past (as a HTML snippet) and it worked. However, it decreased the loading time of my website A LOT by several seconds. So this would be my least favorite option.

0 Likes
gseilei
Shopify Expert
230 28 37

This is an accepted solution.

If you want we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you, we are using Klaviyo with multiple merchants and don't have any problems, so I think it might be something wrong with the set up.

Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

I might get back to you regarding that as we're currently redesigning the website. :-)

0 Likes
Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

@gseileiThanks for the quick and professional help! Much appreciated :-)

0 Likes
lushbear
1 0 0

@Andreas90  Hi!  Could you share the solution for this?  I am running into the exact same issue with the Brooklyn theme and Klaviyo not adding the user to the list I specified.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Andreas90
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

Hi,

I couldn't solve it myself but @gseilei did. Contact him and I am sure he will solve this issue for you as well!

0 Likes
gseilei
Shopify Expert
230 28 37

Hi! @lushbear , get in touch with us at info@webmefy.com and we will be able to help you! We are a Klaviyo Partner master, so you are in good hands with us! :) 

0 Likes