Leftover code in Legal pages

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello. For some reason I am getting extra lines of code at the very bottom of all my legal pages. I tried removing them directly in the edit code function of settings>legal and it repopulated. I tried unformatting everything and it didn't work. Please help. The code looks like this:

// <![CDATA[ var dtsg_token = require(["DTSGInitData"]).token; document.getElementById("fb-dtsg-token-div").innerText = dtsg_token; // ]]> // <![CDATA[ var dtsg_token = require(["DTSGInitData"]).token; document.getElementById("fb-dtsg-token-div").innerText = dtsg_token; // ]]> // <![CDATA[ var dtsg_token = require(["DTSGInitData"]).token; document.getElementById("fb-dtsg-token-div").innerText = dtsg_token; // ]]>

My page is tcf2.myshopify.com

Thank you!!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Estou vendo isso em todas as minhas páginas, incluindo as páginas de produtos.
esta linha sempre aparece quando vou editar a descrição de um produto, eu a apago editando html. mas mesmo assim acho muito estranho.

onde está o shopify para explicar o que acontece?

Sem título.png

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Guys, I also get this and have noticed that the result seems to be a random blanking of the product description, leaving an empty space.

I haven't looked at any other pages, just product and it's definitely not consistent, and also find that the code is often duplicated 2-3 times within the product description.

I was on with the Shopify support team earlier this week for a couple of hours, but they couldn't work it out and just apologised, which isn't good enough, as they could at least identify where the code comes from, even though I suggested they check out Facebook given the obvious link.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Anyway, the good news is I spoke to Costin in support at "Vitals 40+ in 1" and he's spotted the following github link that identifies it as Facebook... 

https://gist.github.com/hehe24h/ece17a714f5b3245c8be34a6208f8c5b

Where we go from here, I'm not sure where we go from here, but any advise would be great.

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

It has been 12 days since I first posted it and it seems Shopify hasn't even reviewed this. Help please!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem on all of my legal pages. I chatted with the support, the operator could not figure it out and followed up with an email after consulting with the team. They could not locate the added codes, as everything is fine in my policy settings, they suggested I set up the theme again, which I did to no avail.  They also recommended hiring a shopify expert.... 

Nothing I've tried seems to work. deleting, rewriting, copying, pasting....  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem with all my legal pages, very very frustrating. I've deleted the legal page and put it as a normal page and it has no code. Hope this helps in the meantime till shopify sorts it out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Guys

In case it may help I had the same issue and for me the solution was :

in your legal page, click on the "show HTML CODE" Button and delete all the code at the end of your text which begins by : 

<script>// <![CDATA[  

It has worked for me

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

The solution posted above is just temporary. I tried it several times and the code regenerates. Shopify - are you even listening?

0 Likes