Link displaying as test - Brooklyn Theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello - this seems so simple but just isn't working!  In the bottom of my product-template-liquid I've added the following code to provide a brief amount of shipping information and direct customers to the shipping page.  However the words Shipping Policy are showing as text, not as a link, even though they are working as a link.   (I've replaced my website name with blablabla.) Any help?

<p>NOTE: Shipping typically takes 10-24 days, please see <A href="https://blablabla/pages/shipping">Shipping Policy</A> for additional information.</p>

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi AnnieCarver!
About your html above, I think that is correct. But if Shipping Policy text are working as a link and can not show underline as a link, you should check your css of your theme. Maybe css of your theme has a css that hide the underline of link.
Moreover, If the Shipping Policy can not click and not work, you should change "A" tag by "a" tag.
Please check it and try it again

Richard | Front-end Dev @ PageFly
- Click 'Like' to let me know you like my answer!
- Are you having problems building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder whose goal is to empower anyone to build a perfect store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for responding!  I did try changing to <a  from <A, no difference.  It works, it just doesn't have the link underline.  

I'm using the Brooklyn theme.  How can I tell if the css hides an underline for a link?

Best,

Annie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
225 32 24

Hello, @AnnieCarver.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you added a link to your product template and the link is working, but is displaying as normal text. You can add a variable to give the HTML link a color, by adding style=”color:blue” after the the link as an example for a blue link. Using the same example you shared, it will look like this:

<p>NOTE: Shipping typically takes 10-24 days, please see <A href="https://blablabla/pages/shipping" style=”color:red”>Shipping Policy</A> for additional information.</p>

Adding an underline is a little more advanced as it involves adjusting the CSS. However, if you’re using a Shopify theme, this is something that our Theme Support team can help with. Since the link has a color now, adding an underline is optional.  If you’d like to add an underline, feel free to let me know and I can help you send this request to our Theme Support.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Elias,

Thanks so much for offering that solution, it would be perfect, but it's not working.  I'm wondering if there is an overriding property in effect here, I'm updating product-template-liquid section of the Brooklyn theme.  Does that matter?

Best,

Annie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
225 32 24

Hey, @AnnieCarver.

Thank you for giving that a try and following up, Annie. Adding a color to the link in ‘product-template.liquid’ shouldn’t matter, but adding the underline may need to be done through the CSS. The CSS is a file that manages the theme’s styling and it’s located under the ‘Assets’ folder, called ‘theme.scss.liquid’. That said, I don’t recommend making changes to this file if you have limited knowledge of CSS. For this reason, I’d be happy to send this request to our Theme Support for you and they can help you add a color or an underline to the link on your product template. 

If you’re interested, I've sent an authentication email to the registered email address we have on file. Kindly check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the account owner's email and reply to my email. Remember to let me know which color you prefer and whether you'd like to add an underline. After that, I’ll be able to help send this request to our Theme Support team right away.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes