Linklist not updating on save, potential server-side caching issue

aidanjones
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm outputting a linklist using Liquid into a footer section. When editing or adding items to this linklist, the footer updates upon refresh as expected.

However, when deleting elements from the list, the deleted element persists.

I discovered that going into the code editor and saving the section file results in the the linklist updating on the live site.

I suspect there's some server-side caching issue going on, but am interested if anybody else has experienced this issue or if this bug should be passed along to the Shopify dev team.

The code outputting the footer linklist for reference:

{% for link in linklists.footer.links %}
  {%- if link.levels > 0 -%}
    <li>
      <a href="{{ link.url }}">{{ link.title }}</a>
      <ul>
        {% for sub_link in link.links %}
          <a href="{{ sub_link.url }}">
            {{ sub_link.title }}
          </a>
        {% endfor %}
      </ul>
    </li>
  {%- else -%}
    <li>
      <a href="{{ link.url }}">
        {{ link.title }}
      </a>
    </li>
  {% endif %}
{% endfor %}

Replies 2 (2)

joshdavenport
Visitor
1 0 1

Having this exact same issue right now. Looks like there was an issue with this some years ago, and it appears to have been resolved then but perhaps is back?

mgenest
Shopify Partner
14 0 10

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I have multiple stores and the navigation menus do not properly update on the storefront side.  I can add items, but I cannot rearrange or delete items to show correctly on the storefront. The changes do show on the admin side however. I don't think it's a browser caching issue because I can use multiple browsers with cleared cache -- even multiple computers -- and the same problem occurs. The only solution I have found is to change/save the menu handle, then resave it again with the original handle in the shopify admin. Or also modify the section code directly by resaving it. This seems to refresh it. Could it perhaps be a server side caching or database updating issue?

An example linklist I'm using would be:

{% for link in linklists.box-of-blooms-occasions-nav.links %}
    {% assign collection = link.object %}
    {% include 'collection-grid-item' %}
  {% endfor %}

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Mark